Around The League V.2

Totty

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

He’s fast and athletic enough to play olb both spots in 4-3. Smh Mayock and Gruden went safe and looked for leadership traits with Ferrell and Abram 

Honestly, I'm just complaining because I'm sick of not having a pass rush. Cle has some nice qualities to him. I just am left wanting more for where he was picked. Then again, he's 2 games in. So let's wait and see. It's just rough watching our pass rush flounder yet again. Further, we have other players besides Ferrell who we need to get after the QB too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Honestly, I'm just complaining because I'm sick of not having a pass rush. Cle has some nice qualities to him. I just am left wanting more for where he was picked. Then again, he's 2 games in. So let's wait and see. It's just rough watching our pass rush flounder yet again. Further, we have other players besides Ferrell who we need to get after the QB too

Same it’s crazy jags sacked Mariota 9 times and Yannick Ngakoue had none. 

Still don’t want Ramsey but I’d be willing to do something like this if we address WR in FA:

Bears 1st and Bears 3rd for Ramsey

Sign AJ Green and Robby Anderson in Free Agency

Draft EDGE Chase Young with our own 1st Rounder, we’ll have to be a Top 3 bad team. 

Roll with Carr 2020 (will make a lot of you happy)

If Carr doesn’t have a 35 TD 8 INT 8.5 YPA 4500 yard type season with those three receivers, Jacobs, and that OL, trade our WHOLE draft for Trevor Lawrence 2021. 

Not sure we will be top 3 bad. The Ramsey trade is tough because I think the needs at lb, edge, and wr are greater and this draft is good for those positions. AJ is still a decent receiver but the injuries are piling up. Those toothpick ankles scare the hell out of me. Is Robby that different from Tyrell Williams?

I think rolling with Carr for 2020 is a good idea as long as he doesn’t totally flop over the next 14 weeks.  We still have more needs and I wouldn’t want to open up another one next year. If we are going to draft a qb, I would rather he isn’t in catch up mode every week and has a true number one wideout.

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Still don’t want Ramsey but I’d be willing to do something like this if we address WR in FA:

Bears 1st and Bears 3rd for Ramsey

Sign AJ Green and Robby Anderson in Free Agency

Draft EDGE Chase Young with our own 1st Rounder, we’ll have to be a Top 3 bad team. 

Roll with Carr 2020 (will make a lot of you happy)

If Carr doesn’t have a 35 TD 8 INT 8.5 YPA 4500 yard type season with those three receivers, Jacobs, and that OL, trade our WHOLE draft for Trevor Lawrence 2021. 

Do you even watch the NFL or just randomly post things?

NYG, Miami, Jets, Tampa Bay, and Pittsburgh all suck and that’s off the top my head.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Anyone else excited to watch Peterman and Mariota compete for the backup job next year?

I'd be cool with that tbh. 

It may be the Oregon fan in me, but I still think Mariota could succeed with a change of scenery. It's not a sure thing that he'll be successful in the league, but worse QB's have found success later on. If he could be had without breaking the bank, he'd be worth the investment. He'll only be 26 at the start of the season. That's plenty of time to learn to flourish (at least at a backup level) in a new system. 

That being said, it does strike me how many high QB picks have found little success on teams that drafted them because they were bad beforehand (thinking Griffin, Mariota, Winston, Tannehill, Alex Smith, Rosen, Goff (pre-McVay), Manziel, Bortles). Now, that list certainly covers the spectrum from decent starter (Smith) to out of the league altogether (Manziel), but I think some people sometimes underestimate things like coaching, scheme, weapons, etc. when talking about the QB position. Of that list, there really isn't one that I wouldn't consider bringing in as a coach (Manziel with his baggage, Goff's franchise status, and Smith's age/injury being the exceptions) as a backup, or even to compete as a starting spot. I firmly believe at least Mariota, Winston, Rosen, and Bortles will get 2nd chances in the league, and probably deservedly so. 

That list of QBs highlights the uncertainty of picking a "franchise QB" in the 1st. I totally understand why some want to move on from Carr (honestly, i don't think he'll ever be a SB winning QB) but getting a new QB in the 1st won't necessarily bring an upgrade. That's not an easy decision to make.