Around The League V.2

Totty

12 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I hate Ramsey tbh. He's cocky, and me first. And if we acquired him and kept racking up L's he would be a problem, no doubt in my mind. Not worth it considering the investments we made at CB already. He's still already likely better than Mullens or Conley will ever be but I feel the risk is too big. I recognize the main issue he takes exception with is the staff in Jacksonville, but how do we know he wouldn't do the same thing here? Gruden clearly won't control big personalities. Even Lynch had free reign, though he is definitely different than AB.

I respect this view. I've gone back and forth on Ramsey over his career. For me, it boils down to Mahomes being in this division. You have to close the gap on KC and Ramsey can erase half the field, he's that talented. I'm going to lean on the change of scenery and staff would be a positive for him.

He wants to win and be used the right way. He's a fit for Guenther's man scheme. If you're serious about winning, you have to take a chance, even if it comes with some risk.

He reminds me a lot of a young Burfict who Guenther formed a great relationship with and made a captain of his defenses. Guenther is the reason I think he'd be fine. This is an offensive player who Gruden has to manage. It's a defensive player who fits Guenther's personality on defense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I respect this view. I've gone back and forth on Ramsey over his career. For me, it boils down to Mahomes being in this division. You have to close the gap on KC and Ramsey can erase half the field, he's that talented. I'm going to lean on the change of scenery and staff would be a positive for him.

He wants to win and be used the right way. He's a fit for Guenther's man scheme. If you're serious about winning, you have to take a chance, even if it comes with some risk.

He reminds me a lot of a young Burfict who Guenther formed a great relationship with and made a captain of his defenses. Guenther is the reason I think he'd be fine. This is an offensive player who Gruden has to manage. It's a defensive player who fits Guenther's personality on defense. 

I thought the secondary played great most of the game, the pass rush gave Pat to much time.

• Like 1

There's no doubt Ramsey is a great player. But i'm reading a lot of takes about the importance he'd have in matchups with KC and Mahomes. Well, KC played against the Jags in week 1 and it didn't seem to make much of a difference with what looks like a better overall D over there than in Oakland. So I wouldn't give up too much for 1 CB, no matter how good he is. I'd much rather keep the ammo to possibly make a move, if need be, for Chase Young in the 2020 draft!

Edited by oakdb36

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

There's no doubt Ramsey is a great player. But i'm reading a lot of takes about the importance he'd have in matchups with KC and Mahomes. Well, KC played against the Jags in week 1 and it didn't seem to make much of a difference with what looks like a better overall D over there than in Oakland. So I wouldn't give up too much for 1 CB, no matter how good he is. I'd much rather keep the ammo to possibly make a move, if need be, for Chase Young in the 2020 draft!

I tend to lean this way too.  If we were a couple pieces away, I'd say go for it, but I think we need one more offseason like this past one before we start going all in on players like Ramsey.