Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

That didn't seem to be Tannehill's strength. Would you agree?

Tannehill regressed after his ACL and didn't seem to be able to make obvious pre-snap reads anymore.

He was actually much better statistically with the uptempo, at least for most of his career.

Gase liked going uptempo, but rarely could do so, as Miami's interior OL has been brutally awful except for 2016. Anytime a DL would stunt, Tannehill would get sacked in about 1.5 seconds. Gase was responsible for hiring both failed OL coaches in Miami (it may have been 3 in 3 years, it was at least 2).

Edited by cddolphin

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Tannehill regressed after his ACL and didn't seem to be able to make obvious pre-snap reads anymore.

He was actually much better statistically with the uptempo, at least for most of his career.

Gase liked going uptempo, but rarely could do so, as Miami's interior OL has been brutally awful except for 2016. Anytime a DL would stunt, Tannehill would get sacked in about 1.5 seconds. Gase was responsible for hiring both failed OL coaches in Miami (it may have been 3 in 3 years, it was at least 2).

Alright, thank you for the information!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

BIG MOOD

Was just gonna post that. It goes to show you, for every player that dislikes a coach there is one that loves him. 

The fact is, we don't have even close to the amount inside info as the people who make the hire, so a lot of want we think and say is speculating on what another person who may or may not know what really happened. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Was just gonna post that. It goes to show you, for every player that dislikes a coach there is one that loves him. 

The fact is, we don't have even close to the amount inside info as the people who make the hire, so a lot of want we think and say is speculating on what another person who may or may not know what really happened. 

It also goes to show that players on other teams know how good Darnold can be. If he can build off of his play since returning from injury, watch out. The biggest issue I think he had was the play of Long at center. But we’ve beaten that too death. 

Edited by SDotNova

I don't think the Gase hire is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I think he is one of the top 2 or 3 coaches that was out there. I just think this year was a bad year to need a coach because I was really not crazy about any of them. KK was the most interesting to me. 

I am not going to lie, I have never been so embarrassed to be a Jet fan as I was today. The fans negativity and their reasons for negativity was absolutely ridiculous that I feel like the majority of this fan base has an IQ south of the length of our super bowl drought. I will never listen to Joe and Evan again, those clowns embarrassed not only themselves today but the entire fan base. Gase was not my first choice nor was I even thinking of him, but get a grip, the guy is a very solid coach who could really do well here. I am glad some former players are coming to his defense. Let this guy get to work for the love of god. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I am not going to lie, I have never been so embarrassed to be a Jet fan as I was today. The fans negativity and their reasons for negativity was absolutely ridiculous that I feel like the majority of this fan base has an IQ south of the length of our super bowl drought. I will never listen to Joe and Evan again, those clowns embarrassed not only themselves today but the entire fan base. Gase was not my first choice nor was I even thinking of him, but get a grip, the guy is a very solid coach who could really do well here. I am glad some former players are coming to his defense. Let this guy get to work for the love of god. 

I agree.  Fan base is and for the most part always has been negative.  I wanted McCarthy.  I get his warts and why the team went in another direction.  McCarthy is not Parcells or Shula or Belicheat.  Had a nice run but had two not just great but all-time QBs.  One could argue he should have won more than just once with Rodgers.  Plus it did/does concern me his relationship with Rodgers turned so sour. 

Anyway, will to give Gase a fair shot and hope he proves all the naysayers wrongs big time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

They interviewed a reporter who basically called them out. I forgot who it was but he basically said you guys are saying you are open minded but you are not. There's nothing anyone can say to convince you this was a good hire so stop asking like it matters. Listening to WFAN today was embarrassing. I couldn't believe it. It was on par with the butt fumble. Jets fans need to get it together. The negativity is unbelievable. Even Bart talked about it. He said when he came here as a player, he couldn't understand how the fan base was happy one day and depressed the next day. 

• Like 2

I LOVE this hire and really don’t get all of the negativity from everyone. He checks off almost everything you look for in hiring a HC. He has HC experience in the nfl, is very good with qb’s and adapting to the players he has on the team, and is an offensive mind which is what the Jets needed. 

Sam Darnold’s develpoment is the most important right now and Gase has a good track record with the qb’s he’s worked with (Manning, Cutler, Tebow, and Tannehill) I believe Darnold is going to have a huge leap from year one and thrive with Gase

Lets get some playmakers in FA and draft an edge rusher and see how it plays out. I believe a lot of people are going to be eating their words when the Jets have a good season 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Agree to disagree. Bc it’s a personality thing for me. There’s people who love the Connor McGregor, Bryce Harpers of the world and people who hate them. But as a NFL HC you have to put what you like in a guy to the side and be willing to work, coach, learn, utilize, etc. all personalities.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

The way people talk about sports in general makes me wish I wasn't a sports fan at all, sometimes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Gase made Brock Osweiler look like a real NFL quarterback.

Twice. 

• Like 1