The Mock: Kyler Murray Edition (With Trades)

DaPatsKid98

Ehh. I like the trade down for Miami IF Kyler Murray is gone, but the picks are all bad. We're not picking all offense with those first four picks. 

Rather take 

1. QB Drew Lock 

2a. DT Dexter Lawerence 

2b. DB Chauncey Gardner

3. OT Mitch Hyatt

Horrible pick AND horrible trade for the Browns. You don't move down 11 spots in the 2nd to move up 20 spots in the 4th/5th, it just makes absolutely no sense. There has to be a future pick there to make it make any sense at all.

Devin Bush isn't going to be a 1st rounder and isn't what the Browns FO looks for in the 1st anyway. With who you have on the board that pick is an OT (Ford/Cajuste/Risner/etc.), a DT (Wilkins, Lawrence), or (what I think is most likely) Jachai Polite.

Willis isn't a bad pick in the 2nd, but again the trade down is awful. Positions they'd look at 2nd/3rd would be WR, DT, DE, OT, CB.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:01 AM, freakygeniuskid said:

Horrible pick AND horrible trade for the Browns. You don't move down 11 spots in the 2nd to move up 20 spots in the 4th/5th, it just makes absolutely no sense. There has to be a future pick there to make it make any sense at all.

Devin Bush isn't going to be a 1st rounder and isn't what the Browns FO looks for in the 1st anyway. With who you have on the board that pick is an OT (Ford/Cajuste/Risner/etc.), a DT (Wilkins, Lawrence), or (what I think is most likely) Jachai Polite.

Willis isn't a bad pick in the 2nd, but again the trade down is awful. Positions they'd look at 2nd/3rd would be WR, DT, DE, OT, CB.

Or just select TJ Hockensen at 49 and elate all the Browns fans 

What do the Lions get from the Raiders for their second?  I doubt we fall out of the third round with our 2nd in a trade down unless we are getting a first next year.

Also, not a fan of Grier.  We will not spend an early pick on a QB until Stafford is gone.  Too many holes to worry about backup QB.

I don't see why the Packers would use a 1st round pick on a QB... unless they're planning on trading Rodgers away, which seems very unlikely.

Packers have some of the best back-ups that they have ever had since (now Eagles head coach) Doug Pederson was backing up Favre in the early 2000s.

Archived