Incels?

TecmoSuperJoe

This whole thing is weird on so many levels. 

A whole group of these men hve somehow convinced themselves that by holding open doors and doing other basic acts of human decency, making creepy sexualized comments, and by doing weird grand (but not really grand) gestures for women who never asked for any type of gesture, that they are the only nice men on the planet. They’ve convinced themselves that their behavior is good and the only good thing in the world, and that women are just disgusting creatures who would rather be abused than have a “nice guy” in their life. They’ve deluded themselves into this belief that the world is wrong and they’re right to a point of extreme anger and violence. They then meet every failure of theirs with this anger and violence, while still calling themselves the “nice guy.”

It’s really weird seeing someone say they’re a great person while simultaneously saying they hope the person they’re talking to is raped and left for dead. 

It’s sick and a real serious, growing, mental illness. 

Police arrested a Colorado man over the weekend who allegedly threatened to kill "as many girls as I see" in a mass shooting. Christopher Cleary, 27, allegedly told police that he planned targeting women in a public shooting because he's a virgin who has been rejected too many times, according to the Provo Police Department.

"All I wanted was to be loved, yet no one cares about me," he wrote in a Facebook post, according to police. "I'm 27 years old and I've never had a girlfriend before and I'm still a virgin, this is why I'm planning on shooting up a public place soon and being the next mass shooter. I'm ready to die and all the girls the turned me down is going to make it right by killing as many girls as I see," he added, according to police.

Cleary, who was on probation for stalking and threatening a woman, was arrested for violating probation and making threats of terrorism, according to police.He allegedly admitted to making the threats while in custody, telling officers he was upset and not thinking clearly when he did so, police said in the statement.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/27-year-citing-virginity-constant-rejections-threatened-kill/story?id=60532843

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

"All I wanted was to be loved, yet no one cares about me," he wrote in a Facebook post, according to police. "I'm 27 years old and I've never had a girlfriend before and I'm still a virgin, this is why I'm planning on shooting up a public place soon and being the next mass shooter. I'm ready to die and all the girls the turned me down is going to make it right by killing as many girls as I see," he added, according to police.

Cleary, who was on probation for stalking and threatening a woman, was arrested for violating probation and making threats of terrorism, according to police.He allegedly admitted to making the threats while in custody, telling officers he was upset and not thinking clearly when he did so, police said in the statement.

Something that everyone reading this should look into independently is the correlation between media coverage & "memorializing" mass shooters, and the actual increase of mass shooters.

"I plan on being the next mass shooter" - that phrasing strongly suggests to me that if the MSM collaboratively did not announce the names of these evil men, or refused to put them in print at least, the desire to earn infamy in his manner would decrease. It's the moral thing to do, but since shooters' personal biographies are of huge interest they risk losing $$$ to do so.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, pwny said:

This whole thing is weird on so many levels. 

A whole group of these men hve somehow convinced themselves that by holding open doors and doing other basic acts of human decency, making creepy sexualized comments, and by doing weird grand (but not really grand) gestures for women who never asked for any type of gesture, that they are the only nice men on the planet. They’ve convinced themselves that their behavior is good and the only good thing in the world, and that women are just disgusting creatures who would rather be abused than have a “nice guy” in their life. They’ve deluded themselves into this belief that the world is wrong and they’re right to a point of extreme anger and violence. They then meet every failure of theirs with this anger and violence, while still calling themselves the “nice guy.”

It’s really weird seeing someone say they’re a great person while simultaneously saying they hope the person they’re talking to is raped and left for dead. 

It’s sick and a real serious, growing, mental illness. 

It might be a mental illness or an issue in self-perception that's not getting addressed, or it could be someone who is self-aware and using it as a tactic for domestic abuse. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 5:53 PM, Dome said:

I wasn’t really suggesting anything.

Just pointing out that just because most of these guys are harmless edgelords doesn’t mean they can’t be encouraged into action. At that point it’s not a bunch of harmless trolls on the internet. I was just quoting your “as long as they aren’t hurting anyone” comment because it stood out to me in the wake of several of these attacks that've happened in recent years

Elliot Rodger became a hero to the incel community. His manifesto isn’t seen as the ramblings of a hateful and broken man in the circles that pass it around. The Totonto attacker that killed 10 people praised Elliot Roger before going on a rampage of his own. 

These online echo chambers (like @jrry32 eluded to) can quickly take a dark turn because these guys are “yes, and-ing” each other into actually doing something. A psychotic evil fantasy can turn into a reality real quick.

You’re right that there are hateful trolls everywhere. Always have been, always will be.   

If you guys are into true crime podcasts, this is a really well done one about this dude: http://swordandscale.com/sword-and-scale-episode-19/

It's kind of hard to stomach, but listening to his recordings are fascinating.

24 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

If you guys are into true crime podcasts, this is a really well done one about this dude: http://swordandscale.com/sword-and-scale-episode-19/

It's kind of hard to stomach, but listening to his recordings are fascinating.

Love sword and scale. Heavy stuff though sometimes... definitely one of the more brutal podcasts out there 

I work with a 25 year old who could be an incel. 

He works as a hospital aid, an unregistered health professional. 

He does a **** ton of gaming.

He posts some mysgonistic stuff on facebook. 

There are a bunch of young guys at the hospital who are in dead in end jobs, that are low paying and they game a lot. If they arent incels, they are headed that way, not many women are attracted to gamers, who are unwilling to progress their lives, who make crap money.  I think cultural narratives that you are special as you are and you have a lot potential have a part to blame in this phenomenon. the reality is not everyone gets to do a job they love and get paid big bucks for it. a lot of people do jbs that kind of suck so they can pay the bills for their family.  

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

the reality is not everyone gets to do a job they love and get paid big bucks for it. a lot of people do jbs that kind of suck so they can pay the bills for their family.  

true, but that person still can get out and be active in the world. walk in the park, ride a bike, join a club. lots of social things available.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:44 PM, Dome said:

Love sword and scale. Heavy stuff though sometimes... definitely one of the more brutal podcasts out there 

Yeah. I think I started listening to it from you mentioning it on another thread.

I stopped listening after a computerised voice episode with a member of the church talking about raping and eating young children.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, Malfatron said:

you see it a lot in songs playing to this thing. movies obviously as well.

example i just heard on the radio

I'm so confused Luke Bryan isnt an incel he def got with TS too

Man I love this video... that was Taylor in her prime

28 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

im assuming the song was written by one

I’m assuming it was written but a guy paid to write music for the masses. More about everybody.

FWIW I’m not saying this song specifically, I don’t know it.

But media in general. If people like it, it sells. Blaming the creators only gets you so far, more will pop up. Blame the people eating it up.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:42 PM, vike daddy said:

Police arrested a Colorado man over the weekend who allegedly threatened to kill "as many girls as I see" in a mass shooting. Christopher Cleary, 27, allegedly told police that he planned targeting women in a public shooting because he's a virgin who has been rejected too many times, according to the Provo Police Department.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/27-year-citing-virginity-constant-rejections-threatened-kill/story?id=60532843

Thanks for sharing. Good thing a tragedy was prevented. 

Archived