47 members have voted

1. 1. Stafford vs Cousins vs Trubisky

• Stafford>Cousins>Trubisky
    • Cousins>Stafford>Trubisky
    • Trubisky>Stafford>Cousins
    • Trubisky>Cousins>Stafford
    • Stafford>Trubisky>Cousins
    • Cousins>Trubisky>Stafford

Trubisky is a 2nd year player. No reason he should be in this discussion. Stafford is going to have made well over a 1/4 of A BILLION dollars in contracts and has accomplished nothing of note or value. At least Cousins gave us a meme once. 

20 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Still, I rate Stafford above Cousins because I have seen him carry some dog**** Lions offenses on his back. I think if you're a Lions fan, you aren't upset with having used the 1/1 on him, he's delivered as much as you'd expect. The key is if he ever gets a good team around him, which he hasn't had in the past (obviously he's had pieces - some very good to all-time great WRs, but the run game and OL have been spotty) and then fails.

It's a close call. Both are really good, but I see where you're coming from. Stafford has done a lot with little support many times in the past. 

10 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Yeah okay. This is why it is perceived Trubisky has haters. We can't count weeks 1 and 2 because it was too early. 

Nope. It's perceived Trubisky has haters because he does. When Bill Barnwell calls him "the Blake Bortles of the NFC North", he's saying that Trubisky sucks and always will. When you hear people spouting bull**** about that draft, and "the Bears bidding against themselves"--that's simply more hatin'. 

And, you do know he played better after the first two weeks, right? A lot of other quarterbacks did, as well. Are they bad too?

9 hours ago, Malik said:

Trubisky is a 2nd year player. No reason he should be in this discussion. 

Agreed. It's a clickbait topic, hoping to draw the haters. 

I take Stafford over Cousins. Seems I'm not alone in still being a fan of Stafford despite a relatively poor season The highs he is capable of and the arm talent he has both surpass Cousins. It's close, so there is not much else to say. 

As for Trubisky? Clearly the worst of the 3 if you ask me, however, he very well may be better than they ever were in just a few years. Dare I say probably? Year 3 will be a huge tell.

Long term I seriously would question taking Trubisky over Cousins.  Trubisky is clearly younger, cheaper and is better as an athlete and better throwing on the move.  Not to mention he has more upside, Cousins I think has peaked as a player and might be on his way down, will see.  If the Vikings do not get a better OL he is going to continue to struggle.

Stafford it is not even a question, sure he loses a lot on the Lions but the guy has been a great pro and is very consistent, not to mention his arm talent is far and above Kirk Cousins.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Nope. It's perceived Trubisky has haters because he does. When Bill Barnwell calls him "the Blake Bortles of the NFC North", he's saying that Trubisky sucks and always will. When you hear people spouting bull**** about that draft, and "the Bears bidding against themselves"--that's simply more hatin'. 

And, you do know he played better after the first two weeks, right? A lot of other quarterbacks did, as well. Are they bad too?

I said what games I watched. He happened to have 2 prime time games in weeks 1 and 2. I'm not going to judge a QB for games I don't watch. Of the 6 I watched, he was in my 15-20 range for QBs. Admittedly if you look at his box scores then you'd see I probably saw 4 of his worst games of the year. 

52 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I said what games I watched. He happened to have 2 prime time games in weeks 1 and 2. I'm not going to judge a QB for games I don't watch. Of the 6 I watched, he was in my 15-20 range for QBs. Admittedly if you look at his box scores then you'd see I probably saw 4 of his worst games of the year. 

That's fine, and let's be clear--that last bit of what I was saying wasn't an attack on what you'd personally posted. I was pointing out others, who were making generalities...

Currently, I'd say Stafford>Cousins>Trubisky.

Chicago is banking on Trubisky to get better. And he'll need to. Historically, defenses have not been able to maintain the kind of dominance Chicago showed this year (sacks/turnovers/points). He will need to make strides if this team wants to win the north next year. Whether he will do so remains to be seen. I am a skeptic of his, but that doesn't mean there aren't things you can point to with some optimism.

Stafford

Trubisky over Cousins. Trubisky is young and raw but has shown he can step up in big games. Cousins is older, more expensive, and implodes under pressure. Maybe it was just the games I watched but it seemed when the game was on the line he choked.

Stafford is in a different league from these other two as far as i'm concerned.  His greatest "flaw" imo, is that he's never really had a very good team around him.  Which is kinda out of his control.

After that, it's a kinda tough question to answer because of the major gulf in age/experience between Trubisky & Cousins.  I lean toward Trubisky because i don't think they're that far apart right now, and i want to give the younger/less experienced guy the benefit of the doubt that he's still got room to continue growing.  Especially given the trajectory, where Trubisky just took a big step forward this year.  But if he doesn't continue building in that positive direction and clean up some of the ??? moments...it probably just stays a pick 'em between the two.

Archived