Kitchens' Cabinet Tracker (Browns coaching staff is Complete. The Cabinet is full stocked!!!)

buno67

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

@Mind Character

A lot of coaches say the same BS and do something different 

All Haley and Hue said last year is coaching to the players strengths 

we all see how that turned out 

a lot of coaches say that 

but only a few actually do 

people are creatures of habit and stick to what worked in the past 

he’s also the dude that signed Sam Bradford and hired Mike Mccoy 

Im skeptical of the hire right now but he was probably the best available 

There's some important context regarding the Steve Wilks' Coaching staff hires that's been lost to history.

Wilks was the Last Hire in Last year's coaching cycle (Excluding Frank Reich b/c McDaniels spurned the Colts but Mcdaniels staff was in place before hand).

And at that time it was thought that Wilks was unable to secure his top choices on the offensive side of the ball as they took certain jobs elsewhere instead.

His top 3 targets were John DeFillipo, Darrell Bevell, and Jim Caldwell both of whom would not wait to see if Wilks got the job because at that time there was a lot of people in the league that didn't believe he end up getting it.

GM Steve Keim, much like this year with Kliff Kingsbury and his main staffers, is the one that pushed both the McCoy and the Bradford signings.

The thing that people are going to hate Steve Wilks for are things similar to Gregg Williams in that Wilks Blitzes like a mad man resulting in a lot of feast or famine results.

42 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

When Mike Silver has to accept that the Browns have some degree of competence and don't hire Jim Bob Cooter despite how much we all love to say his name...

giphy.gif

What he say? He blocked me lol

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I like monken but I’m not going to get overly excited about a non play caller who won’t be here mostly likely after this year. 

That’s my reasoning too 

I’m going to say it was retaining Adam Henry

I really how our receivers are developing 

I want to get him another piece of clay

I won’t say it’s who he hired but who he kept. Adam Henry is a phenomenal WR coach. Idk how much of it was him but he made Perriman look legit. Higgins looked phenomenal. Callaway as the season went on looked great. Landry is Landry. I’m going to look forward to see if we draft someone how he develops under him. He was the WR coach for LSU with Landry and OBJ. 

So it’s a good thing that I know how to repair drywall. I watched the presser today. Freddies opening speech. Was able to look into his eyes. Hear what he had to say. And unfortunately ran thru a wall. 

Theatrics aside. I don’t like to judge a man until I can look into his eyes. I can usually see bs. Freddie believes what he’s saying and I like what he’s saying. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I like monken but I’m not going to get overly excited about a non play caller who won’t be here mostly likely after this year. 

I have not watched any of the recent press conferences but has anyone actually come out and said that Kitchens will still be calling plays or is it you all continuing to just assume he will? I get the impression from his hires that he is trying to focus solely on the being the HC and hiring competent coordinators under him to focus on the play calling.

7 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

I have not watched any of the recent press conferences but has anyone actually come out and said that Kitchens will still be calling plays or is it you all continuing to just assume he will? I get the impression from his hires that he is trying to focus solely on the being the HC and hiring competent coordinators under him to focus on the play calling.

Freddie himself said he will continue to call plays.

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

So it’s a good thing that I know how to repair drywall. I watched the presser today. Freddies opening speech. Was able to look into his eyes. Hear what he had to say. And unfortunately ran thru a wall. 

Theatrics aside. I don’t like to judge a man until I can look into his eyes. I can usually see bs. Freddie believes what he’s saying and I like what he’s saying. 

I looked in your eyes once. What I saw shook me to my core. The look of horror on the faces of all those poor innocent tube-socks. You're a monster, sir, a monster!

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I looked in your eyes once. What I saw shook me to my core. The look of horror on the faces of all those poor innocent tube-socks. You're a monster, sir, a monster!

Tube socks?  You’re giving him too much credit.

Id bet his no-show socks have room to spare. 😂 

Archived