Eagles vs. Saints: Divisional Round

TheRealMcCoy

Home team domination or upset alert?!?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Your Fighter!

• Brees and the Saints win double digitssss boy..... you seen the other high seeds this weekend???
    • Foles and the Eagles win a close one.... I've stopped doubting!
    • Brees and the Saints in a close one... Eagles playing better ball, but not good enough to win in the dome.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2019 at 10:00 PM

Just now, jrry32 said:

But you have to give Schwartz props for that. Where he was a huge letdown today was his failure to adjust.

I'll give the position coaches props for making as much as they can with what they have. The gameplan (as far as i know) coming into the game was to stop thomas and kamara. He failed.

Giving the top 2 teams in each conference a first-round bye is starting to become an unfair rest advantage for these teams.

This can only be remedied by expanding the playoffs to 16 teams and eliminating the bye completely (this would be done by having reverse mirrors between CBS/CBSSN and Fox/FS1 for the 1 PM slot each day of the first round, one reverse mirror per day).

This Rams vs Aints game is going to be so so so good. I have a great feeling about this puppy. Regardless what happens. What Sean Mcvay has brought in just 2 short years is nothing of phenomenal. Let’s go baby. We

got payback.. Series is tied 1-1.. WE ALL GOT WE ALL WE NEED.. 

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

But not adjusting is. 

Adjusting or not, it is a success anytime you only give up 20 to the Saints in the Superdome when you have your All Pro DT out for a lot of the game. Especially when the Philly offense couldnt do anything after the 1Q

The takeaway from that game shouldnt be that Schwartz is a bad DC

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hope you realize that Cooper and Gallup did next to nothing against Talib. Cooper burned Joyner on the long TD, and Gallup exploited a blown coverage by Peters on his long catch. In fact, your TD drive of the second half (before we went into prevent) came when Talib was off the field. Plus, we weren't manning up. We were playing a soft zone. Talib could hold Thomas in check, but I'm not sure if we'll go that route because Wade doesn't trust Peters in M2M.

Like that first TD Cooper scored, Talib was not in a position to keep Cooper from the TD and instead just gave up on the play? Second position if Dak actually know how to throw Gallup had Talib beat on that crossing route and would have picked up not just the 1st down but much more. Gallup also totally faked him out at the end of the 2nd but was once again undone by Dak's poor passing but had the pass actually been completed it might have been a TD cause no one was in front of him. Talib didn't limit anyone, Dak did.

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

Giving the top 2 teams in each conference a first-round bye is starting to become an unfair rest advantage for these teams.

This can only be remedied by expanding the playoffs to 16 teams and eliminating the bye completely (this would be done by having reverse mirrors between CBS/CBSSN and Fox/FS1 for the 1 PM slot each day of the first round, one reverse mirror per day).

Or the 4 best teams made it to the conference championship games...

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

While everybody is fawning over the quarterbacks, winning defenses have held offenses to 17.25 points per playoff game.  That number goes down significantly if the Patriots didn't let the Chargers score so much in garbage time. 

Defense never left. People just see a high score and feel some way.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Like that first TD Cooper scored, Talib was not in a position to keep Cooper from the TD and instead just gave up on the play? Second position if Dak actually know how to throw Gallup had Talib beat on that crossing route and would have picked up not just the 1st down but much more. Gallup also totally faked him out at the end of the 2nd but was once again undone by Dak's poor passing but had the pass actually been completed it might have been a TD cause no one was in front of him. Talib didn't limit anyone, Dak did.

Dude, what are you talking about? Joyner got burnt in man coverage on the Cooper TD. Talib was on the other side of the field. I don't really care about the hypothetical plays.

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

No.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Dude, what are you talking about? Joyner got burnt in man coverage on the Cooper TD. Talib was on the other side of the field. I don't really care about the hypothetical plays.

Talib was right there in case you missed Cooper cutting it across the field and might have been able to save the TD play.

Archived