Raiders Defense

Rolni

Been listening to the guys at Tape Don't Lie and they've done a few break downs of the Gus Bradley scheme, common plays , alignments etc. and one thing I picked up on was that they emphasised Gus Bradley has had a lot of success against the Chiefs over the last couple years with his system, particularly on 3rd down and confusing Mahomes with the variations of the Cover 3. The Buccs did similar things in the Superbowl but obviously they were massively helped that the Chiefs struggled in pas protection in that one. Now, obviously Andy Reid is going to want to adjust to those things but that is something that gives me a little optimism that we'll be able to devise good game plans for these explosive offence teams that we'll face this year. Some great content from those TDL guys. 🙂

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Been listening to the guys at Tape Don't Lie and they've done a few break downs of the Gus Bradley scheme, common plays , alignments etc. and one thing I picked up on was that they emphasised Gus Bradley has had a lot of success against the Chiefs over the last couple years with his system, particularly on 3rd down and confusing Mahomes with the variations of the Cover 3. The Buccs did similar things in the Superbowl but obviously they were massively helped that the Chiefs struggled in pas protection in that one. Now, obviously Andy Reid is going to want to adjust to those things but that is something that gives me a little optimism that we'll be able to devise good game plans for these explosive offence teams that we'll face this year. Some great content from those TDL guys. 🙂

Yeah - that was another excellent breakdown.

It made me understand the choices they made in the draft too - loading up on versatile back end players. If Bradley is going to use 6/7 DBs, makes sense to have plenty of them and a variety of skill sets and body types to match up with specific receivers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

Yeah - that was another excellent breakdown.

It made me understand the choices they made in the draft too - loading up on versatile back end players. If Bradley is going to use 6/7 DBs, makes sense to have plenty of them and a variety of skill sets and body types to match up with specific receivers.

Absolutely, looks like they were looking for versatility and that tweener kind of defender that can play the Derwin James kind of role and even though the strong safety (probably Abram for us) will be playing a more traditional kind of near the line role he does have some responsibility in the cover 3 in making decisions and reading the routes........maybe they think Abram may struggle with that and have a couple guys who can also project to that role. The nickel is going to be very important too so we have a few guys who can compete there. It's basically a full time role now and we need a good player there. We have plenty of guys for the dime looks also which seemed like a decent part of the Bradley defence. That looked intriguing as did the prowler defence, I can imagine that with Crosby and Ferrel at End and Ngakoue as the prowler using his speed against guards. 

Edited by Darbsk

On 5/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, Darbsk said:

Respectfully disagree, I thought he was very solid. Having Collins next to him didn't help him IMO.

Our run defense fell off a cliff while his TFL and sack production decreased and his PFF run defense grade also decreased.