Raiders Defense

Rolni

Yeah I was sloppy a bit and it comes down like you interpreted. 

I wouldn't want to demote Crosby, I want him to get better, to grow and be a great one.

With that said Nassib is better at run D then at pass rush. So was Ferrell, while Crosby was better as a rusher and so was Key.

So I think Nassib and Ferrell will see a field quite a lot together as base ends, while Crosby and Key will play more pass snaps then run D snaps in general.

We will have a heavy rotation with this group and that could be a key in wearing down OLs, closing down the outside running lanes and get after the QBs.

They will still need help from the interior, because they lack that elite speed on the edge, so we need Collins and Hurst to really show up too!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also guys we're calling him Kwit from now on. I don't want to keep seeing his name misspelled. It's a good nickname imo.

What are we calling Littleton?  C-lit?

Edited by Totty
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2020 at 7:14 AM, Rolni said:

I wouldn't want to demote Crosby, I want him to get better, to grow and be a great one.

With that said Nassib is better at run D then at pass rush. So was Ferrell, while Crosby was better as a rusher and so was Key.

So I think Nassib and Ferrell will see a field quite a lot together as base ends, while Crosby and Key will play more pass snaps then run D snaps in general.

We will have a heavy rotation with this group and that could be a key in wearing down OLs, closing down the outside running lanes and get after the QBs.

They will still need help from the interior, because they lack that elite speed on the edge, so we need Collins and Hurst to really show up too!

I can see Ferrell and Nassib  move to DT and Maxx and Key at DE  obvious passing down.

it’ll be the Raiders version of the NASCAR package 

21 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I can see Ferrell and Nassib  move to DT and Maxx and Key at DE  obvious passing down.

it’ll be the Raiders version of the NASCAR package 

Ferrell was quite ineffective last year inside, but it could happen. Hopefully he gets a lot better

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Also guys we're calling him Kwit from now on. I don't want to keep seeing his name misspelled. It's a good nickname imo.

Haha, I’m down for that as I’m probably more guilty than most, new Motorola phone instead of my old iPhone and I have to respell every other word on this damn thing due to operator errors! 😄

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 7:14 AM, Rolni said:

If we started Nassib and Ferrell that wouldn’t necessarily be a demotion for Crosby.  He could still end up with more snaps than last year.

keeping him fresh is very important.  And having a solid rotation will help that.

Edited by jimkelly02