πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Right now. Brown was on the list. They wanted Gallup ahead of him too. I'll try and find it.Β 

Ohhh God, please don't. Watching you all quote Matts is hard enough. Don't need to see other delusional Cowboy Fans talking nonsense too. Can only handle so much at my age. 😎

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Right now. Brown was on the list. They wanted Gallup ahead of him too. I'll try and find it.Β 

Career stats:Β 

Michael Gallup - 2902 yards, 15 TDs, 193 receptions

AJ Brown - 2,995 yards, 24 TDs, 185 receptions

Β 

Look how similar!Β 

- AJ Brown has only played in the league 3 seasons, Gallup 4 lol.

Give me a break they aren't even close in ability.Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Without looking at numbers, by the end of the season I feel like

1. AJ Brown
2. Terry McLaurin
3. CeeDee Lamb
4. Devonta Smith
5/6 Golladay and Gallup

I think its debatable that Dallas Goedert is superior to Gallup.Β 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

1. AJ Brown
2. Terry McLaurin
3. CeeDee Lamb
4. Devonta Smith
5/6 Golladay and Gallup

I would have Terry McLaurin 1 and AJ Brown 2.Β  McLaurin has put up some pretty ridiculous numbers considering who his QBs have been.Β  Here's the list: Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Dwayne Haskins, Alex Smith on 1 leg, Ryan Fitzpatrick for 3 quarters, Taylor Heinicke, Garrett Gilbert, Kyle Allen. That's 8 "starting" QBs in 3 season, all are horrible. AJ Brown has caught all of his career passes from a single QB, Ryan Tannehill.Β  Now you can debate the quality of Tannehill's ability but at least he was able to develop a rapport with a single passer over that timeframe.Β 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

1. AJ Brown
2. Terry McLaurin
3. CeeDee Lamb
4. Devonta Smith
5/6 Golladay and Gallup

I'd have DeVonta over Ceedee. No bias. Better route runner and better hands.

AJ and Terry is debatable. They are different receivers. Terry has the better hands though.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I would have Terry McLaurin 1 and AJ Brown 2.

Yeah, I think right now I would have Terry a little bit ahead. I think the top 4 in some order is Terry, AJ, DeVonta and Ceedee. After that... have fun debating. Toney is electric. Golladay was good with Stafford, but he's more of a contested catch guy and we haven't seen anything from him in 2 years now. I like Gallup, but have to see him return to pre-injury form. I like Jahan Dotson, but he's a rookie who hasn't played yet. I also like Tolbert who Dallas drafted.

The NFCE WR corps have definitely improved compared to lets say 2020. Dallas lost Amari this offseason, but they have a year 3 Ceedee vs. rookie and added Tolbert. Washington no longer has just Terry with the drafting of Dotson and hopefully for his sake Samuel can stay healthy. Eagles have 2 really good WRs in DeVonta and AJ and Quez showed nice progress from his rookie year instead of just having a breaking down D Jax and Alshon + rookie Reagor and year 2 JJAW lol. Giants were without Odell in 2020 and really just had Shep and an old Golden Tate.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Commanders QB room, nothin but alphas

WentzΒ and an IPad Kid gonna lose out to Heinicke by week 6.

Howell gonna role up to a team dinner, pull some of his own tendies out and totally throw off Carson like Hurts did.Β 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Howell gonna role up to a team dinner, pull some of his own tendies out and totally throw off Carson like Hurts did.Β 

If I were a team that knew this prior to the draft, he'd be completely off my draft board.Β 

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I think right now I would have Terry a little bit ahead. I think the top 4 in some order is Terry, AJ, DeVonta and Ceedee. After that... have fun debating. Toney is electric. Golladay was good with Stafford, but he's more of a contested catch guy and we haven't seen anything from him in 2 years now. I like Gallup, but have to see him return to pre-injury form. I like Jahan Dotson, but he's a rookie who hasn't played yet. I also like Tolbert who Dallas drafted.

The NFCE WR corps have definitely improved compared to lets say 2020. Dallas lost Amari this offseason, but they have a year 3 Ceedee vs. rookie and added Tolbert. Washington no longer has just Terry with the drafting of Dotson and hopefully for his sake Samuel can stay healthy. Eagles have 2 really good WRs in DeVonta and AJ and Quez showed nice progress from his rookie year instead of just having a breaking down D Jax and Alshon + rookie Reagor and year 2 JJAW lol. Giants were without Odell in 2020 and really just had Shep and an old Golden Tate.

Good analysis, although I’m hopeful that Curtis Samuel can work his way at least into the fringes of the first paragraph, rather than just a throw-in in the second one. His injury-riddled 2021 makes him a forgotten man even among WAS fans, but he did have 1000+ total yards in 2020 and he’s somehow still only 25 years old.

My biggest concern with him, aside from health obviously, is whether Rivera actually knows how to use him. He went out and signed him right away, which suggests he has a plan for him β€” but Samuel’s breakout season in CAR actually came after Rivera (and Norv Turner) were gone. Hopefully they understand that using him as a deep ball guy is the worst way to deploy him and will be prepared to find ways to get him the ball in space. Having McLaurin and Dotson may open things up for him to work underneath, much like the Moore and Anderson did for him in CAR.

Long-term, I’m a good hit higher on Dotson than Samuel, as it seems you are too. But if he can stay healthy, I think Samuel will settle comfortably into that back half of the top 10 where you were looking at guys like Golladay, Gallup, Toney, etc.Β 

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I laughed a good deal at this. Just pictured them bringing him out a very special plate of those dinosaur shaped tendies under a silver cloche to the team luncheon.

• Like 1