πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Their offense outside of Nabers is going to be putrid.

It feels to me they've done the right moves or at least the correct ideas (except anything related to D. Jones) for a while now and it just doesn't work out for them. They must be due by now.Β 

8 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I thought this could be the year they could be good or at least surprise a lot of teams.

Good? We have too many question marks and holes on this roster to be good.

Outside of Deonte Banks, I don't have confidence in anyone else in our secondary.

Our starting linebacker Mcfadden played well but that was because he was a perfect fit for Wink's system, Wink is no longer running our D which means McFadden is going to take a step back.

On offense, Evan O'Neal, our RT, is still hurt, and when he is not hurt, he sucks. If we replace him with Eluemunor, we will have a glaring hole in one of the starting guard positions.

If we want to look at the glass as half full, the Giants absolutely sucked last year and still managed to win 6 games; this team has improved, so we should be due to win 7 games, maybe 8.

Β 

20 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Are the Giants that bad? I'm a bit surprised by these comments by their fans. I thought this could be the year they could be good or at least surprise a lot of teams. I would say playoffs but since it is 7 teams now, it doesn't necessarily the same thing any more.Β 

Yes, yes they are.Β  They had a historically bad offensive line last year which they improved on, but that is an extremely low bar to clear.Β  The offensive line is still going to be really bad just not historically bad.

They lost their best player on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball last year.Β  Barkley has pretty much been their entire offense for a while.Β  Let's say Nabers is as good as advertised, Daniel Jones is still throwing him the ball and chances are slim he's significantly more impactful than Barkley.Β  Wash.Β  McKinney they more or less took that money and gave to Burns.Β  Is edge rusher more important than safety? Sure.Β  Is a good/very good edge rusher more impactful than an all pro safety? Remains to be seen.

End of the day, they aren't really a threat til they find a QB and put a solid offensive line on the field.Β  This year's QB class looks uninspiring also.Β  They're probably a 5-6 win team.Β Β 

4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

What does each one mean and how about the ones that have no color?

Speculation I saw was

Blue: all-around good leader, teammate, person
Red: medical concerns
Purple: character concerns
Pink: undersized/measurement concern
Grey: multiple positions
Yellow: Position Change candidateΒ 

10 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Gonna be fun seeing Dan Quinn finding a way to make hurts look mid again . Also going to be fun reading the comments how you guys will struggle to stop Daniels .

You're the same guy who comes in here once and talks **** and then runs away for 6 months? You're funny.

11 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Gonna be fun seeing Dan Quinn finding a way to make hurts look mid again . Also going to be fun reading the comments how you guys will struggle to stop Daniels .

That's the guy who blew a 28 to 3 lead in the SB, then never made the playoffs again? Good luck with that, especially with your garbage secondary. Gonna be fun watching your backup QB after Jayden runs directly into several big hits when trying to scramble. Kid will last about 4 games before going on ir.

Still absolutely hilarious that Washington fans were promised Ben Johnson and then were forced to settle for retread Dan Quinn. Now they have to act like this time will be different when we all know exactly where this is going.