πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I haven't looked too much into it, but isn't the Foster case a bit strange? Like there is a possibility he is innocent because the girl making the claims was proven to have made false allegations against him before? Maybe they're riding on that being the case, and in their mind "no harm in keeping him in case it turns out he is innocent..." Of course that is a foolish line of thinking, you can bet there is a good reason the 49ers didn't just do that, as the PR damage is already done when you decide to make this waiver claim.

Β 

Football wise, I hope for whatever reasonΒ we never see him a Redskins uniform either.

1 hour ago, Woz said:
THEN WHY THE EFF WOULD YOU EVEN BOTHER PICKING HIM UP?!?!?

Because if he shakes the accusations or is deemed innocent then it’s a homerun move. If not, they have the ability to wait it out and release him once he’s proven guilty. It’s a bit scumbaggy and desperate but it’s not unlike what we’ve seenΒ from Dallas previously.Β 

There’s always a huge initialΒ rush of terrible PR and then it’ll quiet down and then if he’s β€œinnocent” and can play ball, people will forget with time, a bit of humility and regret from him. He gets on the better side of this, apologizes and eventually does some community help and becomes an advocate for anti domestic abuse and it’ll be ok. But it takes a certain type to do all that and it’s a long road. And cheeringΒ redemption for a worthy person is in our souls so you’ll have that. Same old, same old with these things. ItΒ happens all too often really. But the process never alters.Β 

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Redskin fans probably feel like we did when we signed Vick. Such a gross awkward thing to deal with as a fan when it first happens.

I know a lot of people might disagree, but I actually respect Vick a ton for doing his time andΒ paying back all of his debts. What he did was disgusting, and that’ll never change,Β but the guy definitely turned his life aroundΒ 

A friend of mine actually ran into him on the golf course somewhere in the burbs of Philly lol apparently he was cool as hell

That was always the plan IMO, not sure why you're surprised? They now own his rights going into next season when this DV Case is resolved one way or another "without" having to pay him a dime.

If he's found guilty, they cut him, trade him, stay Pat (unlikely).

If he's found innocent they potentially have a Legit LB albeit with a PR problem. Let's be real, not the first PR problem the Redskins have dealt with.

Honestly don't see the problem from a "purely" football perspective. Potential top 5 pick for peanuts.

NOT TALKING A SOCIAL/ETHICAL PERSPECTIVE.

Β 

Β 

Apologies just heard he's making $32,000 a week while on the exempt list so it's not completely free

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
17 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I had a strong suspicion it'd be either the Cowboys or Skins to pickup Foster given their owner

Seems far fetched.Β 

Whats even more funny about this, the *EAGLES* were the other team looking into Foster. But that would then be your second woman beater on your team, right?Β 

Β 

Maybe from now on we should link the Eagles to players who have recently been arrested.Β 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Whats even more funny about this, the *EAGLES* were the other team looking into Foster. But that would then be your second woman beater on your team, right?Β 

Β 

Maybe from now on we should link the Eagles to players who have recently been arrested.Β 

Actually the Eagles were the only team to reach out to the policeΒ to see how the situation was. We werenΒ΄t interested enough to put a claim on him otherwise we wouldΒ΄ve gotten him.Β 

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Actually the Eagles were the only team to reach out to the policeΒ to see how the situation was. We werenΒ΄t interested enough to put a claim on him otherwise we wouldΒ΄ve gotten him.Β 

Isnt that what I said? You guys were looking into to him.Β 

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

We did our due diligence as any team should given the situation and the caliber of the player. A big of a stretch that because of that we should be linked to all players with character concerns.

You were literally the only team in the NFL to do so much due diligence that they called the police. Either way, RMIB went there first. If he is going to link us to criminals, he should look in the mirror. You guys were actually looking into himΒ and your team has had more team arrest this millennium.Β