🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

I know that not everyone is into fantasy football, but I think "Actual Draft Position" ADP is a pretty good barometer of how fans view players.  There are plenty of hot takes on Daniel Jones, but when it's time to put money on the line, they seem to like Jones. 

Jones' current ADP among QBs is #15th, and he's owned in 78% of leagues.

Haskins current ADP is 31st, and he's owned in 12% of leagues.  (Just an FYI @HTTRDynasty, don't spend a pick on him in your leagues.  He'll be available after the draft)

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/qb-cheatsheets.php

Yikes.  What an idiotic take.  Winston was the same ADP as Jones last year - now he's a backup QB making $1.1 million.  Fantasy doesn't care about QB skill, they care about QB volume stats.  I shouldn't have to convince a non-casual fan that there's a huge difference.

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yikes.  What an idiotic take.  Winston was the same ADP as Jones last year - now he's a backup QB making $1.1 million.  Fantasy doesn't care about QB skill, they care about QB volume stats.  I shouldn't have to convince a non-casual fan that there's a huge difference.

They don't even trust Haskins to get volume stats.  I guess 7 TDs and 7 INTs is uninspiring.

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Cool.  I put as much value in his opinion as anyone else's.  Same guy that justified the Bears trading up for Trubisky and said "I had Mahomes pegged as a fourth round talent".

Can you prove that he's not Winston 2.0?  It's hard to unsee.  Everyone is wrong occasionally, but this was my take on Jones as well earlier this offseason before Kollman even thought about the comparison.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Can you prove that he's not Winston 2.0?  It's hard to unsee.  Everyone is wrong occasionally, but this was my take on Jones as well earlier this offseason before Kollman even thought about the comparison.

The burden of proof is not on me. But I don't see the comparison.  Daniel Jones is far more careful passer than Winston, and that's part of the reason why he had so many fumbles.  He has better touch.  He's more accurate.  He's way more athletic.  I think the closest comparison is Ryan Tannehill. 

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

The burden of proof is not on me. But I don't see the comparison.  Daniel Jones is far more careful passer than Winston, and that's part of the reason why he had so many fumbles.  He has better touch.  He's more accurate.  He's way more athletic.  I think the closest comparison is Ryan Tannehill. 

Just because they didn't have the same number of interceptions doesn't mean Jones is a far more careful passer.  Jone's adjusted interception rate was 6th worst in the league.

Winston also has fumbling issues - he has 3 seasons with double-digit fumbles in his 5 year career.

They both struggle noticeably in reading zone defenses.

They are high-variance players that will look like a top 10 QB one game and a bottom 5 QB then next.  Coaches can't trust that.