πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Why people still continue to venture into The Linc with rival jerseys on is beyond me.Β 

Probably because they consider football to be a leisure time activity and they go there to have fun.Β  They probably think that it is unacceptable for a team's fanbase to act like a bunch of absolute savages over something as stupid as a jersey.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Probably because they consider football to be a leisure time activity and they go there to have fun.Β  They probably think that it is unacceptable for a team's fanbase to act like a bunch of absolute savages over something as stupid as a jersey.

There’s a lot of things in this world that shouldn’t be. Or events or circumstances that are unfair or unjust. But there’s a way to avoid this. Just don’t go. If I don’t want to get mugged, I’ll stay off the street passed 10 pm. Your chances of getting punched by an Eagle fan on your couch is 0%.Β 

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s a lot of things in this world that shouldn’t be. Or events or circumstances that are unfair or unjust. But there’s a way to avoid this. Just don’t go. If I don’t want to get mugged, I’ll stay off the street passed 10 pm. Your chances of getting punched by an Eagle fan on your couch is 0%.Β 

Maybe.Β  Then again, the Eagles organization could also institute rules that would make it not worth it for the fans to behave like knuckleheads.Β  If the team gave you a lifetime ban for being caught fighting in the stadium, I suspect that it might curtail the buffoonery to a great degree.

Edited by Uncle Buck

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Maybe.Β  Then again, the Eagles organization could also institute rules that would make not worth it for the fans to behave like knukkleheads.Β  If the team gave you a lifetime ban for being caught fighting in the stadium, I suspect that it might curtail the buffoonery to a great degree.

I’ve heard of Lurie doling outΒ lifetime bans or pressing charges. But let’s not pretend this is germane to just the Eagles. Just google (team name here) and brawl or fight and every team has a handful of videos. It’s a terrible look but it happens.Β If the NFL thought of it as a huge problem, they’d issue league wide legislature. Or at least put it on the owners vote. However, it’s avoidable. You’re taking a calculated risk. 9/10 nothing happens. 1/10 someone gets their *** kicked. I’m not swimming with sharks bro. And I’m not chumming the water beforehand if I do.Β Some people just ask for it. Very rarely does anyone get punched for no good reason. Usually theres some sort of over the top gloating or disrespect. It happens. Humans are humans. Ugly and all.Β 

• Like 1