Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

17 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It’s a shame. You’re a good poster why leave? Specially with a fan base that has few posters as is. You shouldn’t let the call or anyone saying to you affect your stay here. Shame really. 

No kidding. I am completely unaffected by his words. He didn't explain the pee in the streets or the crappy stadium though.

1 hour ago, Destructo Spin said:

I had changed my password and wasn't planning on posting here again, but I recovered it just to respond to this post, and it's the last thing I'll ever say here.

I feel sad for you. I mean, don't get me wrong. I know what it's like to feel upset over a football game. But it's one thing to be mad about a football game 6 days later. You're here NINE YEARS LATER and you're still there, wallowing in your anger and bitterness. How miserable your life must be!

Here's the thing though: Saints fans will get over this long before the Vikings fans get over their misery, even though you've had a nine year headstart.

Why? Because we've been to the top of the mountain. We've cried our tears of unrestrained joy and felt the sublime, surreal experience of "Oh my God, I can't believe it finally happened!"

When Bobby McCray and Remi Ayodele flattened Brett Favre, I pumped my fist. When Reggie Bush pulled a contortionist act to hit the pylon and score the TD, I high-fived all my friends. When Favre threw the interception to Tracy Porter at the end of regulation, I laughed. When Pierre Thomas returned the opening kickoff of overtime out to midfield, I was running right there with him, my arms spread with glee, knowing that we were about to finally take the biggest stage in sports. When Thomas converted the 4th down later in that drive, I felt the pride swelling in me. And when Drew leapt over the pile, arms outstretched like a black-and-gold clad Superman, or an ethereal angel being come to take us to the promised land, I knew it would happen.

It was destiny.

When Garrett Hartley's kick split the uprights, I was soaring as high as the football.

And two weeks later, I sat with the crowd in Miami, five of my closest friends with me, eating the best Cuban sandwich I've ever had in my life and watching my team on its way to The Greatest Joy. When Tracy Porter returned that interception, my heart burst through my chest. And when Vilma broke up the final pass attempt to truly seal the game, it burst through again.

31-28 and 31-17. Two sets of numbers emblazoned forever on my heart, my mind and my soul. Those are the scores of the games you see. The game we beat the Vikings in to get to the Super Bowl, and the score of the Super Bowl.

I bought the Blu-Ray set of the entire playoff run. It's beautiful. Once a year or so, I take it out and watch it and experience those moments all over again, as if it were yesterday. My beautiful sons are 7 and 5. They are too young to remember the Saints Super Bowl win, but I tell them about it often. They ask to hear the story of how it all happened. I tell them again. They can't get enough of The Greatest Story Ever.

But you won't ever get to feel that. Your Vikings are simply, sadly, the biggest chokers in sports history. That's all they'll ever be. You have had so many chances and you blew them all. From Fran Tarkenton to Gary Andersen to Brett Favre to getting disposed of by the Eagles like a wayward piece of garbage on the freeway.

And now you have Kirk Cousins.

And that is your destiny. You'll never know that feeling. And that makes me happy.

And also sad for you at the same time.

This is the last post I will ever make here. I hope you find peace someday.

This seems a bit over the top, my dude. If you dislike posting here, leave. If you like posting here, don't let others take something you like away.

2 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

I had changed my password and wasn't planning on posting here again, but I recovered it just to respond to this post, and it's the last thing I'll ever say here.

I feel sad for you. I mean, don't get me wrong. I know what it's like to feel upset over a football game. But it's one thing to be mad about a football game 6 days later. You're here NINE YEARS LATER and you're still there, wallowing in your anger and bitterness. How miserable your life must be!

Here's the thing though: Saints fans will get over this long before the Vikings fans get over their misery, even though you've had a nine year headstart.

Why? Because we've been to the top of the mountain. We've cried our tears of unrestrained joy and felt the sublime, surreal experience of "Oh my God, I can't believe it finally happened!"

When Bobby McCray and Remi Ayodele flattened Brett Favre, I pumped my fist. When Reggie Bush pulled a contortionist act to hit the pylon and score the TD, I high-fived all my friends. When Favre threw the interception to Tracy Porter at the end of regulation, I laughed. When Pierre Thomas returned the opening kickoff of overtime out to midfield, I was running right there with him, my arms spread with glee, knowing that we were about to finally take the biggest stage in sports. When Thomas converted the 4th down later in that drive, I felt the pride swelling in me. And when Drew leapt over the pile, arms outstretched like a black-and-gold clad Superman, or an ethereal angel being come to take us to the promised land, I knew it would happen.

It was destiny.

When Garrett Hartley's kick split the uprights, I was soaring as high as the football.

And two weeks later, I sat with the crowd in Miami, five of my closest friends with me, eating the best Cuban sandwich I've ever had in my life and watching my team on its way to The Greatest Joy. When Tracy Porter returned that interception, my heart burst through my chest. And when Vilma broke up the final pass attempt to truly seal the game, it burst through again.

31-28 and 31-17. Two sets of numbers emblazoned forever on my heart, my mind and my soul. Those are the scores of the games you see. The game we beat the Vikings in to get to the Super Bowl, and the score of the Super Bowl.

I bought the Blu-Ray set of the entire playoff run. It's beautiful. Once a year or so, I take it out and watch it and experience those moments all over again, as if it were yesterday. My beautiful sons are 7 and 5. They are too young to remember the Saints Super Bowl win, but I tell them about it often. They ask to hear the story of how it all happened. I tell them again. They can't get enough of The Greatest Story Ever.

But you won't ever get to feel that. Your Vikings are simply, sadly, the biggest chokers in sports history. That's all they'll ever be. You have had so many chances and you blew them all. From Fran Tarkenton to Gary Andersen to Brett Favre to getting disposed of by the Eagles like a wayward piece of garbage on the freeway.

And now you have Kirk Cousins.

And that is your destiny. You'll never know that feeling. And that makes me happy.

And also sad for you at the same time.

This is the last post I will ever make here. I hope you find peace someday.

It’s just a salty Vikings fan, not worth that many words.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Feel like this is a good time to lock this one up? Just running around in circles, and now we have people disparaging cities, quitting the forum and calling out other fan bases. I think that this one has run it's course. 

I'm surprised it's still up I've seen threads locked for less.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Feel like this is a good time to lock this one up? Just running around in circles, and now we have people disparaging cities, quitting the forum and calling out other fan bases. I think that this one has run it's course. 

Im shocked it's stayed open as long as it has.  

Figured this one wouldnt make it past page 20 consider how high emotions run regarding poor officiating, especially in the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I'm surprised it's still up I've seen threads locked for less.

Sorry, was embroiled in a 90s era basketball debate yesterday. Haven't had one of those since...well, the 90s I think.

Archived