Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Dude. I'm just saying, I get the sensitivity. Its a crappy situation. The ref screwed over the Saints, but he also screwed over the Rams. Win and a ton of people are just going to say you didn't deserve to be there, true or untrue.

At this point Im starting not to care. The only reason why Im talking about it like I am is because next week hasnt happened yet. Once next week comes, Im going to try my best not to talk about this anymore because its going to be Superbowl week. So people can say the Rams dont belong in the Superbowl and if they win they can say they arent real champs. To quote Drake, "call me crazy at least you're calling". If the Rams win call them fraud champs at least they are champs.

Plus this narrative should give the Rams fuel. Im sure it gave the Pats fuel in 2001 one everyone said they shouldve have beaten the Raiders because Brady fumbled. On top of that nobody believed they would beat the Rams. So with the world saying they arent betting against Belichick and Brady and they are saying the Rams are the wrong team in the Superbowl, the Rams should have that extra motivation to go out and beat the Patriots and take that trophy. Thats how I see it. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

It's almost like everyone should just get over it. It happened. And no statement from Goodell or attempt at convincing either side of wrongdoing will change that. Both team saw bad calls, this one just happen to come at a critical point in the game.

If the girl of your dreams breaks your heart, you don't sit there whining about it and clinging on to what could have been. It is what it is. Accept it and move on. How many pages does this thread need?

tree fiddy

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

To be fair, the refs also missed a blatant facemask on Brees INT ;)

You're just really trying to poke the bear aren't you?

Without getting into all of it over again, I'll leave it at this. Both teams got screwed by missed calls late in the game. If you want to live in a world where the refs get that missed DPI call right or the missed one on the INT, you have to be willingly to live in a world where they get the missed facemask on Goff right. And if that one happens, the entire rest of the game alters.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

You're just really trying to poke the bear aren't you?

Without getting into all of it over again, I'll leave it at this. Both teams got screwed by missed calls late in the game. If you want to live in a world where the refs get that missed DPI call right or the missed one on the INT, you have to be willingly to live in a world where they get the missed facemask on Goff right. And if that one happens, the entire rest of the game alters.

That one was just a joke lol. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

At this point Im starting not to care. The only reason why Im talking about it like I am is because next week hasnt happened yet. Once next week comes, Im going to try my best not to talk about this anymore because its going to be Superbowl week. So people can say the Rams dont belong in the Superbowl and if they win they can say they arent real champs. To quote Drake, "call me crazy at least you're calling". If the Rams will call them fraud champs at least they are champs.

Plus this narrative should give the Rams fuel. Im sure it gave the Pats fuel in 2001 one everyone said they shouldve have beaten the Raiders because Brady fumbled. On top of that nobody believed they would beat the Rams. So with the world saying they arent betting against Belichick and Brady and they are saying the Rams are the wrong team in the Superbowl, the Rams should have that extra motivation to go out and beat the Patriots and take that trophy. Thats how I see it. 

This is also a good example. People STILL bring up the Tuck Rule LOL

7 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It's almost like everyone should just get over it. It happened. And no statement from Goodell or attempt at convincing either side of wrongdoing will change that. Both team saw bad calls, this one just happen to come at a critical point in the game.

If the girl of your dreams breaks your heart, you don't sit there whining about it and clinging on to what could have been. It is what it is. Accept it and move on. How many pages does this thread need?

Takes like this annoy me. We're on a football forum and one of the most egregious missed calls ever just happened, you don't think people are going to discuss this for a while?

I don't see it as equal. Nobody really talked about Saints 09 until it happened to them. The reason people talk about the Pats is because (witch hunt or not) there have been 3 separate instances of Tuck Rule, Spygate and Deflategate. The last of which I think is by far the most idiotic considering the 2nd half. The tuck rule changed the rules of football forever. This still has that chance to change those rules as well but remains to be seen.

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Don't. No one would've felt bad about the facemask on Goff had the DPI been called.

The Rams played their butts off before and after that play, in the toughest environment I've seen in a long time, and willed their way to a win on that final drive and OT. They earned it whether people admit it or not.

I agree but I feel bad because I do live in Louisiana and I know how devastated these Saints fans are. One of my best friends is the most level headed person Ive ever met and lets just say he has went bonkers since that call and the Saints losing. He is talking about conspiracy and the Los Angeles market and all that other stuff. Plus the Saints suffered last season with Minnesota Miracle so to get back up from that and be devastated again thats tough. I dont think one call costed the Saints the game because there wasnt 100% lock they win but that call drastically changed their odds of winning.  

Trust me though, Im not taking nothing away from the Rams. They earned this win. Another one of my best friends was at the game and after the game we talked and he agreed with me when I said the refs didnt cost the Saints the game. He said the Saints had chances to put the game away in the 1st quarter and didnt. Arnold dropped a td pass and Brees under threw Thomas in the endzone after Goff threw an interception. The Saints shouldve been up 21-0. They let the Rams hang around and when you let your opponent hang around something bad seemingly always happen. Just ask the Bears SNF Week 1. They was up 23-0 and hurt ARod. All they had to do was score in the 2nd half and maybe ARod dont come back into the game because of it being out of reach. The Bears never scored in the 2nd half, ARod got back into the game and the Bears let the Packers hang around and get back into the game and the Bears eventually lost. When you dont put teams away bad things usually happen and it dont matter how it happen either.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Takes like this annoy me. We're on a football forum and one of the most egregious missed calls ever just happened, you don't think people are going to discuss this for a while?

I get it, man. But what's left to discuss aside from a change in what coach's can challenge - which everyone seems pretty set on?

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is also a good example. People STILL bring up the Tuck Rule LOL

You are right. I believe its a fumble till this day. Charles Woodson still believe it was a fumble. Heck the Raiders never recovered since lol. But none of that stuff matters because the Patriots won championships and were successful. So say what you want but you have to end with champions and success with the Patriots. Regardless if we think they cheated or got lucky or whatever. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

You are right. I believe its a fumble till this day. Charles Woodson still believe it was a fumble. Heck the Raiders never recovered since lol. But none of that stuff matters because the Patriots won championships and were successful. So say what you want but you have to end with champions and success with the Patriots. Regardless if we think they cheated or got lucky or whatever. 

They went to the Super Bowl the year after.... but I get your point lol

4 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

They went to the Super Bowl the year after.... but I get your point lol

Ill give you another example, remember the year the Pats played the Colts in the playoffs and the Colts receivers were complaining how the Pats defenders were mugging them all game long and no flags were being thrown? The NFL AFTERWARDS enforced PI calls even more. Why couldnt they just call them in that game? Why they had to wait till after the Pats mugged the Colts receivers all game long and then win before they want to enforce the PI calls more strict? Yet nobody seems to talk about that either. And those Colts receivers wasnt TommyLee Lewis. They were Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Both guys were decorated/all-time great receivers. 

Archived