Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

The correct non call was made. Congrats to the Rams and their fans!

Not sure if trolling, but if you seriously think that is a correct call then you really don't belong on this forum. Basic knowledge of the game is pretty much the minimum required to post here and you see a bit inept 

1 minute ago, saintsfan said:

Not sure if trolling, but if you seriously think that is a correct call then you really don't belong on this forum. Basic knowledge of the game is pretty much the minimum required to post here and you see a bit inept 

I've seen worse calls against better teams. B|

1 minute ago, saintsfan said:

Did any of those calls decide whether or not said team went to the Super Bowl?

About 5 or 6 of them.

3 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

Did any of those calls decide whether or not said team went to the Super Bowl?

24 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

They want us to get over it in less than a week and 10 years later they are still whining about the calls from that game xD

I think it is because who it happened to hahah 10 years from now, the Rams will get an awful call to lose them the game and I fully expect to get an ear full from the Saints lol

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Holy crap. I remember nothing of that game so I guess I didn't watch it, but these highlights...I bet Vikings fans were upset. 

Dude it was bad. They never got the first down 4/1 lol than that’s PI call was horrendous. Not to mention that the Rams gotten then Hekker 1st down in the first game. This game is being played in LA. But excuse nation stand the hell up. 

But then watching that game! Even with all those bad calls. The Vikings had a chance to win. So many fumbles! And that Favre INT was a thing of horrors.

I'm more bias for my home team.... but:

Zach Miller nearly losing his leg to catch a TD pass in the endzone that was ruled a non catch was the worst call in NFL history. Also... I really regret watching it again, because that leg injury is horrible.

12 hours ago, saintsfan said:

As much as I would love for that to happen, I know thats never going to be the case lol. I think we just want to make sure that never happens again, cus honestly no one will realize what that felt like until it happens to you. Forget all the other what-ifs (run the clock more, score more TDs early, Brees INT in OT, etc), if that is called correctly we win the game plain and simple. That was a real moment that happened and we do feel cheated.

I agree that adding penalty reviews isn't necessarily the right thing. But maybe inside 2 min in each half things like that can be added on to "booth reviews". Or maybe each coach gets 2 penalty challenge flags per game as well? Idk the correct solution, but it was awful to feel that powerless and that wronged in the moment and days after. The Minnesota Miracle last year was depressing as heck and it had nowhere near the lingering effect that this game did. I would honestly feel better finding out that the ref was paid off or a Rams fan or something crazy like that and at least feeling validated, even if it doesn't change anything and the Rams still represent the NFC in the SB. But everyone starting to call us cry babies and telling us that it happens to teams all the time just makes it worse.

For the record, you are 100% correct and I would absolutely feel the same. I don't think everyone is calling fans like you crybabies, it's the ones filing lawsuits and making music videos, which also happen to be the ones refusing to even acknowledge the other missed calls and mistakes the Saints made before/after that call. 

13 hours ago, btfd16 said:

It makes me laugh that Vikings fans love the non call more than Rams fans

Actually, I love the reaction from Payton, Brees, the Saints organization and their fans more than the bad call itself.

The Saints owner publicly calls into question the integrity of the NFL.

There is a petition and a lawsuit to have the game replayed.

It's hilarious.

Archived