Who is the best number four receiver your team has had?

patriotsheatyan

A guy who makes a surprising number of plays for you. Who can step in as a true number three receiver if anyone gets hurt. Who burns then number four corners on the other teams consistently.

Who is the best 4th WR you have seen on your team? Who is the best you have seen period? Best currently in the league?

Ricky Proehl was the first to come to mind all-time. 4th WR behind Bruce, Holt, and Hakim. Really the 5th option behind Faulk. He wasn't a huge threat athletically at that stage of his career, but he was the kind of guy you want in that role, IMO. Incredibly reliable, great to have when you go 4 wide or 5 wide for 3rd down attempts or clutch moments late in game.

For the Chiefs, we've struggled most of the time to have one good WR, let alone 4. Marc Boerigter had a weirdly successful year in 2002 as our #4. Really wasn't a good WR in the end though, mainly a blocking WR and special teamer. Just one strangely productive season. That's the only one that stands out in my mind though. Typically our #4 WR has never gotten a chance to produce, because we've had a top tier TE and a good receiving back basically my entire time as a fan. Even with us getting 5000+ yards passing this year, our #4 only saw time when Watkins was hurt, because Kelce and our backs ate up 2000 of the receiving yards and were always on the field.

League-wide right now is really hard to say. I think Jordan Matthews is technically the #4 in Philly. He was productive once. Josh Reynolds when everyone on the Rams is healthy is good for that spot. He's kind of one dimensional, but Travis Benjamin for the Chargers is a pretty solid guy to have that far down the depth chart. Hands are crap, but that deep speed has it's uses. I do like Demarcus Robinson for KC, but he'll rarely get a chance to do much. If he does it'll be because we let Conley move on, and then he'll be a #3 anyway. Perriman came on late and I think is the #4 for Cleveland.

2011 was a special season for the Packers at WR.

Starters were of course
1. Greg Jennings
2. Jordy Nelson
3. James Jones

and then depending on who you ask, you got Donald Driver or Randall Cobb.

So I would say Donald Driver is the best #4 we have ever had.

24 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Starters were of course
1. Greg Jennings
2. Jordy Nelson
3. James Jones

That 2011 Packers squad was special.

For the Saints, Id say 09 or 11, where Colston was number 1, then Meachem, Henderson, and Moore.  And in 2011 we had Sproles and Graham on top of that.

I honestly couldn't even tell you who the Bills #4 receiver is. I could barely name our #3

I'm not convinced we had 4 receivers break 100 yards this season.... I'll even include Kelvin Benjamin who was only there half the season

4 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Starters were of course
1. Greg Jennings
2. Jordy Nelson
3. James Jones

Good call there. Though it does need the disclaimer, if it's not obvious, that it was 36 year old Donald Driver. Not prime Driver. Though that's a crazy 5 deep group, even with a couple being outside their prime. Had peak Finley too.

Archived