Favorite unpopular movie(s)?

KManX89

A lot of these movies listed are cult classics, loved by most, and/or get great reviews. Joe Dirt is a classic that critics hated, but everybody else loved. Same with Van Wilder. Rocky won the Academy Award for best picture. Nick & Norah's always reviewed well, but it more of an indie film. 

Transformers is one that people like to bash on, but actually like. It was never going to do well with critics. Now if we're talking about the second one.... 

Some that I liked that most people and critics didn't:

You Don't Mess With The Zohan

Take Me Home Tonight

Fired Up!

Sex Drive

35 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

A lot of these movies listed are cult classics, loved by most, and/or get great reviews. Joe Dirt is a classic that critics hated, but everybody else loved. Same with Van Wilder. Rocky won the Academy Award for best picture. Nick & Norah's always reviewed well, but it more of an indie film. 

Transformers is one that people like to bash on, but actually like. It was never going to do well with critics. Now if we're talking about the second one.... 

Some that I liked that most people and critics didn't:

You Don't Mess With The Zohan

Take Me Home Tonight

Fired Up!

Sex Drive

Not knocking you, but Zohan is the movie that started to make me see how terrible Sandler is.

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not knocking you, but Zohan is the movie that started to make me see how terrible Sandler is.

It's no worse than any of the rest. They're all actually pretty bad, but still entertaining. 

I’m trying to think of a movie in the 90s that I’m blanking on that I really loved and noticed had a 40% on rotten tomatoes but can’t think of it for the life of me so I’ll run through my movie collection and say which movies I enjoy despite not being well received or massively praised 

Secondhand Lions

Rock Star

my ex’s 10 & under dance recital

Blankman

Macgruber

Bickford schmecklers cool ideas

The Ex (Zach braff)

the day after tomorrow

the day after tomorrow 2: Michigan 2019

Wild Target

Literally every movie done by the Duplass brothers

Edit: I’m thinking the 90s movie I’m blanking on was either the patriot or the mummy returns. They got 61% and 47% on RT and I think that’s an atrocity. PS outpost if you bring up the scorpion king cgi I’m blocking you

9 hours ago, MrDrew said:

It's no worse than any of the rest. They're all actually pretty bad, but still entertaining. 

I disagree.    I mean, its on par with alot of his other crappy movies, but its far far far below movies like Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer and Waterboy.   

Zohan is one of the very few movies Ive ever watched that I couldnt even finish.   I've still never seen the last 40 minutes of the movie.    

Sandler post 2006 is largely unwatchable IMO, with a couple of exceptions.    Before that, he still had some stinkers, but several good ones as well.

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

Everyone’s name dropping massively successful and popular movies lol

These movies have their share of haters. Everyone and their mom loves to hate on the Bayformers films, I still liked the first one. 

On 2/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, Broncofan said:

Star Trek Into Darkness (and yes, I get the weaknesses, just still can watch it repeatedly..weird I know)

Why do you consider this unpopular?  Star Trek as a whole isn't really popular anymore, but those the first two movies of the reboot did well at the box office and got really good reviews.

BTW, i like the movie too.  I rewatch it every now and then.

Archived