Favorite unpopular movie(s)?

KManX89

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Oh, and now that I mention it, I thought I'd add G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra. By no means is it a technically "good" movie, but at least it entertained me, unlike the sequel.

Nah the sequel blows the first one out of the water.  Snake Eyes is the ONLY thing good about the first one but his battle with Storm Shadow in the Himalayas in the sequel is one of the greatest action sequences in movie history. 

Van Wilder

Transformers

Con Air

Shooter

The Amazing Spider-Man 

Man of Steel 

Warm Bodies 

I am Number Four

She's Out Of My League

Before We Go

Star Trek Into Darkness (and yes, I get the weaknesses, just still can watch it repeatedly..weird I know)

I guess I have a thing for Theresa Palmer & Alice Eve  lol.

I agree with quite a few that’s been listed. Some I feel don’t really fall into the category of unpopular but it’s kind of hard to define such a thing. Here’s a few I don’t think were very popular that haven’t been listed yet

Need for Speed (2014)

Hit and Run (2012)

Red Dawn (2012) original too but that seemed universally liked, at least compared to 2012.

Six Pack (1982) Not sure how popular this was when it came out but almost anyone I talk to about it has never heard of it. My favorite movie when I was a kid, watched it so much I wore it out.

On 2/1/2019 at 4:39 PM, TENINCH said:

All of the Rockeys and  Rambos

Huh?    Not sure any of those are unpopular except for Rocky 5....which I get some enjoyment out of.

Rocky 1 and 2 are widely considered classics, and 3 and 4 are pretty widely liked, even if they had some cheesy parts.

First Transformers

People just like to hate on Michael Bay no matter what.   I mean, I do think he is a one trick pony and a poor storyteller, but I think most people who dont just hate everything Bay does likes the first one.   I mean, its nothing special, but it was a good popcorn flick.

JCVD movies

I enjoy alot of his movies.    I dont think they are necessarily unpopular either.    I think his movies are just viewed as the typical 80's/90's bro action flicks that all follow pretty similar formulas.    You either like them or you dont, and its kind of always been that way.     They are popular mostly with men who were alive during that time.    For being pretty niche....I would say they are pretty popular among their target audience.   

On 2/2/2019 at 3:00 PM, beekay414 said:

What Happens in Vegas
Man of Steel
Reign of Fire
Watchmen
The Jackal
The Lake House
Draft Day
The Chronicles of Riddick (so damn excited for Furia!)
Constantine
She's Out of My League
Fired Up!
Hitman
She's the Man
Signs
RAD
Rock Star
Virtuosity
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Waterworld
A Good Day to Die Hard

That's all I can really think of right now.

Watchmen is great.

Oh, and Constantine is one of my favorites. That's a fantastic movie, I don't care what anyone says.

Archived