Mayfield Snubbed for Offensive Rookie or the Year

buckeyesNut0623

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Even if he was right, which he obviously isn’t, the best back in the league elevated them from the 2nd pick to the 6th pick. 13 starts with Mayfield took us from 0-16 to just outside the playoffs. With a rookie QB. 

Let the Giants fans have their one great player. They have a tough decade ahead. 

I mean I think they could be really good if they actually make smart decisions. I would love to see Haskins shred defenses in that NYG offense but that isn't something that'll happen off the bat. They definitely took a chance by passing up on the 2018 QB class, but who knows, maybe they can squeeze Eli's career out long enough to land them Tua in 2020 or...dare I say...Trevor Laurence in 2021 

18 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Saquon winning was an inside job by the NFL to generate a better storyline that will ultimately make them more money. In hindsight, Saquon was pre-determined to win these awards from the get.

He's been in Pepsi commercials all season long.

OBJ presented him the award.

Baker being snubbed is going to be a storyline surrounding the Browns for the first several games of next season.

Because, let's be real, there's no way anyone would honestly make an argument for Saquon unless they're Giants fans. It's the only rational explanation. And frankly, I think we could be thanking the NFL for this when it's all said and done.

Cleveland against the world, always.

-Bun Dosey

@Gmen

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I mean I think they could be really good if they actually make smart decisions. I would love to see Haskins shred defenses in that NYG offense but that isn't something that'll happen off the bat. They definitely took a chance by passing up on the 2018 QB class, but who knows, maybe they can squeeze Eli's career out long enough to land them Tua in 2020 or...dare I say...Trevor Laurence in 2021 

Not disagreeing. For me, seeing the drool over Barkley by NYG fans and their general attitude to this situation and their standing going forward though, I’d love to see Haskins tear it up elsewhere and for that wretched city to enjoy mediocre or bad football for the next decade. They deserve a couple swings and misses at QB. We’ve had our share. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Even if he was right, which he obviously isn’t, the best back in the league elevated them from the 2nd pick to the 6th pick. 13 starts with Mayfield took us from 0-16 to just outside the playoffs. With a rookie QB. 

Let the Giants fans have their one great player. They have a tough decade ahead. 

Excellent point that I hadn't really thought of. +1 good sir.

4 hours ago, Gmen said:

I think you’ll find that most Giants fans would rather keep Barkley and take whomever they believe is the best quarterback in the draft. Whether it’s Haskins, Lock, Murray or Jones. 

😂😂😂 I like the Giants, this is a bad year to need a QB

Giants fans at work bragged about how Davis Webb was that dude.  The only thing I think I’m qualified to know better than anyone else in the world due to my training as a browns fan is that the 3rd round guy you drafted the year before is NOT the QB of your future

This thread looks juicy. I might have to read it later tonight.

I honestly wanted Baker to lose and I mentioned it awhile back. I wanted it to go to Saquon because Baker feeds off of being disrespected whether it is true or not. Browns fans should be rejoicing that Baker lost this award and we should be praying that when we get to our first Super Bowl that it will be against Saquon Barkley, oh what a glorious display of "how you like dem apples" that will be.

Archived