Create the worst team staff of all time

y*so*blu

This is essentially a comparison exercise, assuming anybody replies with their own picks, so I put it in this section. Break the rules of time and space with nothing but your own imagination to put together the worst team staff you can imagine! Deranged owners, incompetent head coaches, GMs who couldn't find their rear ends with both hands and a mirror ... all are at your disposal as you create the perfect storm of football ineptitude.

OWNER: Hugh Culverhouse, Tampa Bay. As a businessman he was instrumental in the formation of the modern NFL. As a team owner he was a wide-awake nightmare: a cheap, lousy, unethical, pathological miser who made public relations gaffes in his sleep and was just out to make money at the expense of the team's performance and future prospects. Culverhouse's historic unpopularity makes him a natural as the owner of the worst team I can imagine.

GM: Matt Millen, Detroit. They paid him a fortune for eight years, and he rewarded them by presiding over a team that went winless on the road for three seasons, drafting a laundry list of busts, and making history as manager of the first NFL team ever to go 0-16. My personal dumpster fire would not be complete without Millen lighting the match.

COACH: Bobby Petrino, Atlanta. This man has been described as a flat-out sociopath, and his coaching history makes that a pretty intriguing theory. He made his way to Atlanta by dropping the University of Louisville like a bad habit (five months after signing a ten-year contract promising to stay), ready to coach one of the hottest teams in the league--but when their star quarterback went to jail and the team struggled, he abandoned them like a thief in the night before the season ended to coach the Arkansas Razorbacks and have an adulterous relationship with a student. What better choice for the worst roster imaginable than a coach who will lie to your owner's face and then sneak out the back door?

Offensive Coordinator: Mike McCoy, Arizona and elsewhere. So many disappointing OCs past and future that it's hard to sort them out, but I'll go with McCoy. Was the OC in Denver where he survived the disastrous McDaniels era and Peyton Manning made him look good until the 2012 playoffs; after he washed out as head coach of the Chargers, he continued his descent back in Denver and then Arizona where he was fired midseason after fielding the worst running game in the league.

Defensive Coordinator: Gregg Williams, New Orleans and elsewhere. Because I said "worst," not "least successful." When it comes to the nuts-and-bolts of running a defense, he's a good coach. He's also a dangerous dingbat whose indefinite suspension should have been not only upheld, but upheld with extreme prejudice as a cautionary example to show all current and future NFL coaches where the line is.

Quarterbacks Coach: JaMarcus Russell, Oakland. I know he never coached this position, nor would anybody hire him for it, but whatever.

Oh, and throw in that coordinator who filmed himself snorting cocaine. I can't remember his name.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, y*so*blu said:

Oh, and throw in that coordinator who filmed himself snorting cocaine. I can't remember his name.

If you're going down that road why not give Ol' Sandusky a shout out on your worst staff of all time list. All Chris Foerster did was snort some coke, Jerry was legit evil. 

Look, Hugh Jackson has to be the worst coach. Like there's really no excuse to go 1-31 in two seasons. Spags on the Rams in the garbage years is pretty close though. Speaking of those Rams the OC was Pat Shurmur and if you think that was a one off, no. He's been OC in 7 seasons and the Eagles years are an anomaly at 3 and 4 in scoring, he has been 10th on 23rd with the Giants and was 13th the other year in Phily as well as 26th and 32nd on the Rams. He's a PHONY.

Worst DC probably Joe Barry who had the 07-08 Lions then 15-16 Skins and might never get another job.

GM is Matt Millen yeah.

That line-up is going 0-16 GUARANTEED.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:15 PM, x0x said:

Look, Hugh Jackson has to be the worst coach. Like there's really no excuse to go 1-31 in two seasons. Spags on the Rams in the garbage years is pretty close though. Speaking of those Rams the OC was Pat Shurmur and if you think that was a one off, no. He's been OC in 7 seasons and the Eagles years are an anomaly at 3 and 4 in scoring, he has been 10th on 23rd with the Giants and was 13th the other year in Phily as well as 26th and 32nd on the Rams. He's a PHONY.

Worst DC probably Joe Barry who had the 07-08 Lions then 15-16 Skins and might never get another job.

GM is Matt Millen yeah.

That line-up is going 0-16 GUARANTEED.

Weirdly enough Joe Barry is on the Rams coaching staff

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 2:27 AM, 49erurtaza said:

Weirdly enough Joe Barry is on the Rams coaching staff

As a linebacker's coach because I don't take his assistant to McVay title seriously. Yeah my bad on the no job statement I meant that for prime positions like OC/DC/HC.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived