Julian Edelman suffers a knee injury, he believes its a torn ACL

Blackstar12

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Why the heck are you guys acting like Edelman's injury is insignificant? This is a big loss. He's their most reliable weapon (yes more than Gronk).

Aside from this:

12 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

They won't skip a beat.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I see them running the table to a 16-0 regular season

Who in this thread is acting like Edelman's injury is insignificant?  Of course it's a big loss. 

20 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Why the heck are you guys acting like Edelman's injury is insignificant? This is a big loss. He's their most reliable weapon (yes more than Gronk).

It's not insignificant, but this team won without Gronk last year and they added Cooks this year. It's FAR more difficult to replace Gronk than it is to replace Edelman. Amendola himself is a poor man's Edelman albeit more clutch and less consistent. Cooks is great in the slot and is a better receiver than Edelman. There's ways to mask the absence of Edelman because of how loaded the whole WR group is. Also they have a revamped run game they can lean on more. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I've seen 3 guys act like it's pretty insignificant. 

Everyone on the patriots is replaceable, Except Brady.

The Patriots won the SB without their 2nd best offensive player, they can manage without a medicore slot WR they can easily replace.

27 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Everyone on the patriots is replaceable, Except Brady.

The Patriots won the SB without their 2nd best offensive player, they can manage without a medicore slot WR they can easily replace.

They haven't unloaded him yet.  You're supposed to talk him up as a hall of fame lock and then after they cut him, he's a "mediocre slot WR".    9_9

6 hours ago, Crickett said:

They haven't unloaded him yet.  You're supposed to talk him up as a hall of fame lock and then after they cut him, he's a "mediocre slot WR".    9_9

Right my bad. Julian Edelman>Wes Welker. Tom Brady is the GOAT. Deflategate was a conspiracy. Bill Bellicheck never cheated. Tom Brady won the court case against the NFL. Roger Goodel is satan incarnate. etc etc.

So unfortunate seeing guys go down at any time, but especially before the regular season starts.  I think the Patriots will be fine without Edelman, but this is a big loss just because he is a very dependable receiver and someone Brady trust a lot.  Here's to a speedy recovery.

Archived