NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

There is a lot wrong with this. But to keep it short Cincinnati isn’t moving up for Haskins.

Are you saying that the fact that you guys have traded up I believe 4 times in any round during the team's entire existence doesn't inspire confidence that you are going to trade up in this draft? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Are you saying that the fact that you guys have traded up I believe 4 times in any round during the team's entire existence doesn't inspire confidence that you are going to trade up in this draft? 

Cincinnati has 9 picks

Just now, brushmyhair said:

Cincinnati has 9 picks

They are also all 6th rounders. They have 5 picks in the first 5 rounds. Maybe they will move up in the later rounds (though history wouldn't suggest as such). They certainly don't have the kind of firepower that would suggest a trade up in the early rounds, and I'm being very serious when I say that they have traded up 4 or 5 times, in any and all rounds throughout their entire existence. I mean, 51 years. They average less than a trade up per decade lol. 

Obviously, it's not impossible, but with Mike Brown, it just doesn't appear likely. 

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Think it ends up:

AZ: Murray 

SF: Bosa

NYJ: Oliver

OAK: White

TB: Q

think we as the draftnik community are higher on Josh Allen than the NFL is.

It would be a completely bizarre turn of events for Oliver to end up going before Q. Williams. But I wouldn’t be mad at it.

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It would be a completely bizarre turn of events for Oliver to end up going before Q. Williams. But I wouldn’t be mad at it.

I think it would be too but I could see a team falling in love with his athleticism and believing they can turn him into something close to Donald, which is what I think Gregg Williams and co. Think they could do.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Speaking of TE. I heard a rumor (Shame on me I can’t locate the source again) That the Patriots would like to trade down into the 40 range pick up picks next year and take Dawson Knox

I like Knox quite a bit. Playing at Ole Miss didn't allow him to put up the stats that I think he's capable of. I'd probably take him in the 3rd if Sternberger was off the board.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Almost a lock that it's bosa for the 49ers now. I'm back up to like 85 / 15. Peter King mocked Bosa to them, and he has an in with the 49ers. Hasn't missed a first rounder for the 49ers since 2014. Matt Maiocco (one of our beat writers, and very good), also has Bosa. The rumor was today (posted by goldfish earlier) that the impression Lynch gave was that they have done their due diligence on Bosa and it sounded like he was their guy,  and King reports that the FO has loved him since the Cotton bowl in 2017. I would put more emphasis on MM and King than if every other rando like Ian, etc said they thought the pick was QW. The only way I'd change my mind at this point is if Shefty came out and said something disagreeing with it. 

So I'm thinking 85% Bosa / 12% QW / 3% trade down (Completely arbitrary percentages based on how I feel). At his point now, I'd be very surprised if the pick was someone else...though if it was QW, I wouldn't be unhappy about it. As long as it's one of those two, I'm good. 

I feel like the Giants are going to get Josh Allen at 6 for some reason and get a quarterback (Daniel Jones) at 17. 

Can't wait for Thursday 

I just seen that Lynch interview. Proves my theory all along that he was locked in on Bosa no matter what. Hopefully it turns out well for you guys.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I just seen that Lynch interview. Proves my theory all along that he was locked in on Bosa no matter what. Hopefully it turns out well for you guys.

You and I both

7 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

So if I'm following the rumours correctly the first ten picks should look something like this:

1. Arizona - Kyler Murray [QB - Oklahoma]

2. San Francisco - Quinnen Williams [DT - Alabama]

3. New York Jets - Ed Oliver [DT - Houston]

4. Oakland - Nick Bosa [DE - Ohio State]

5. Tampa Bay - Devin White [LB - LSU]

6. New York Giants - Josh Allen [EDGE - Kentucky]

7. Jacksonville - Jawaan Taylor [OT - Florida]

8. Detroit - Jonah Williams [OT - Alabama]

9. Buffalo - TJ Hockenson [TE - Iowa]

10. Denver - Drew Lock [QB - Missouri]

If Josh Allen falls to 6 I'd be ecstatic. 

2 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

7. GB TRADE WITH JAC: White

There's a 0% chance this happens.  They're not trading up, and certainly not trading up for an ILB.  Since Ted Thompson has taken over, the Packers have never traded up for their natural first round selection.  And they've only used 2 pick on non-premium positions.

Archived