NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Anyone here believes a team goes into draft day without a set big board? 

That 2nd tweet is a load of crap. 

I mean, the plausible trouble scenario is when the coach and GM agree "we want player A" and then the owner, who can fire both the coach and the GM, wants someone else.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh the lefty thing has already crossed my mind as well. I'd be lying if I said why I wasn't sure why left-handed QBs don't succeed in this league. If I'm not mistaken (and I haven't looked it up lately), I thought people said the flight of the ball differs from right to left handed and since the league is all righties, it causes a problem. I am left-handed but I played baseball my entire life. We are the most sought after pitchers due to the natural movement of the ball when we throw it. I can only assume the same is said for a football as well. I never played WR though so I have nothing to base this off of as far as personal experiences go.

The ball spins the opposite way, according to Rice, with his experience in catching passes from Montana then Young. So it can be a bit troublesome.

11 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Anyone here believes a team goes into draft day without a set big board? 

That 2nd tweet is a load of crap. 

I mean, it's not impossible that the owner/decision maker prefers one QB but the scouts prefer someone else.

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

there it is

@ET80

I find it doubtful right now. Any trade involving Clowney is likely contingent on Clowney signing an extension and there isn't really enough time to hammer that out before the draft to get ample compensation on the Texans side.

Just now, Danger said:

I find it doubtful right now. Any trade involving Clowney is likely contingent on Clowney signing an extension and there isn't really enough time to hammer that out before the draft to get ample compensation on the Texans side.

I'm sure the Jets would be interested if they'll take a 2020 pick.

Tony Pauline Pats related rumours:

• AJ Brown is our no 1 receiver on the board
  • We like WR Diontae Johnson and could take him in the 3rd round
  • Patriots will seriously consider trading up for Noah Fant
  • Josh Oliver could be the 4th TE off the board.

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

For one of the Devin's I'm assuming?

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Has to be a difference maker at linebacker.

Absolutely.  There's no one else there that requires them to move up so much tier-wise.

Archived