NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If the 49ers draft Bosa, does that mean ST gets kicked inside?

In the Dee Ford/Kwon presser, Shanny stated the idea is to have Solly on the outside in base downs and kick inside on pass situations. So that wouldn't change with Bosa, but Solly probably wont play more than 60% of the defensive snaps (as was the case last year). 

3 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

In the Dee Ford/Kwon presser, Shanny stated the idea is to have Solly on the outside in base downs and kick inside on pass situations. So that wouldn't change with Bosa, but Solly probably wont play more than 60% of the defensive snaps (as was the case last year). 

And this is exactly how it should be done. I don't know mind drafting Bosa and basically everyone on that line getting between 55-75% of the snaps. Put everyone in their best possible situation, and I think you have a very efficient defense up front. Do I care if Ford and Bosa don't play more traditional run downs? Not really. Sure, there will be some pass plays in that scenario, and thats okay too. Do I care that Armstead is off the field when it's 3rd and 14? Not really. 

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

What are the early rumors so far of the Jets and 49ers interest in trading down?

Jets seem interested in recouping their lost pick, the question is whose going to trade up for that pick.  IF one of Bosa/Quinnen is off the board at 2, that likely leaves only one of them available assuming Arizona goes with Kyler as expected.  Oakland is a wildcard in this entire draft as they could go in a number of directions.  If you're wanting Q or Bosa, you're going to have to move up to 3 to guarantee him.  But whose going to move up?  Tampa Bay at 5 probably doesn't have the motivation, New York at 6 probably only moves up if they're in on Haskins.  Would Jacksonville or Detroit move up?  You get much farther than 8, do the Jets have motivation to move down?

21 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

You're probably right about the QB need, but the Bears fans would agree that trade hasn't hurt them and the Jets could survive just the same if they wanted to guarantee their preference between Bosa/Allen, just a thought not even sure I believe they'd do it.  

But as to how far back the 49ers would go, I'd say at worst 11 in a trade w/ Cincy. From there they would still have a shot at one of the top Edge guys, and probably DK, Greedy, Byron Murphy, CGJ. and Adderly

0% chance the Jets trade up, not even worth discussing.  If anything they are trading down or taking one of the elite players (Q, Bosa, Allen) who fall in their lap.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I think it'd be difficult for the 49ers to move down, given that either QW or Bosa (or both) will be on the board. I think it may take a haul to get them out of that spot. The rumors were that they wouldn't include the #2 in any OBJ trade (I'm guessing that even includes a swap of firsts?), so I think that they want to stay there and that there isn't really a "major" interest in moving down (obviously, they'd still field call, but I think the chance of a trade down is pretty slim). 

I feel like the Jets have already put it out there that the #3 pick is for sale, so that seems like the far likelier candidate. They also lack a second round pick this year. 

Spot on assessment.  Jets are clearly looking to move down if the price is right or take one of the elite talents that fall to 3 if teams cheap out.

Two teams obviously looking to move up are NYG and I've heard WAS really likes Haskins too.

39 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I went to buy draft tickets for me and my girlfriend. Venue seats are $3,000 a person... like WTF who has money for that.

Ugh. That scares me for the draft in Vegas. I'm totally in on going, but 3k? Screw that. I just can't justify that. 

Archived