Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/07/jon-gruden-called-antonio-brown-the-hardest-working-player-hes-ever-seen/

“The greatest thing about this man is, I’ve told all our receivers: If you get a chance to watch him practice, you’ll see what unlocks the greatness in him. He’s the hardest working man, I think, in football,” Gruden said. “Hardest working player I’ve ever seen practice, and I’ve seen Jerry Rice, I’ve seen a lot of good ones. But I put Antonio Brown at the top. And if there’s any young wideouts out there, I’d go watch him practice and you’ll see for yourself why he’s such a good player.”

Just a little nugget to further the current narrative

Gruden don't get fleeced into paying a Top 5 pick for AB, please!

One of the other two 1st rd picks, ok? Dallas's for instance virtually  replacing Cooper with AB? Sure. Not #4! Come on Mayock, have some stones and tell him No!!!!

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

One of the other two 1st rd picks, ok? Dallas's for instance virtually  replacing Cooper with AB? Sure. Not #4! Come on Mayock, have some stones and tell him No!!!!

Cant see them giving up 4...at least not straight up.  AT MOST...maybe they swap 4 for 20, and we get 34 overall on top of that....and I doubt that, too.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:
6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Cant see them giving up 4...at least not straight up.  AT MOST...maybe they swap 4 for 20, and we get 34 overall on top of that....and I doubt that, too.

Wait #4 and #34

For AB and #20?

It's Jon Gruden 🤯, but I would  hope not. Well if I'm a Raider Fan that is.

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Steelers are asking too much for him. They let Bell sit out a year and now the sharks are circling. AB will sit out this season unless Pitt can trade him. All the other teams know this. Don't get greedy squeelers. 

Go Birds

Mastercheddaar

What does them letting Bell sit out last year have to do with anything regarding Brown?

On top of that, you dont even know how much the Steelers are asking for.   

If Brown wants to sit out and forfeit his salary and his precious stats, let him.

26 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If Brown wants to sit out and forfeit his salary and his precious stats, let him.

You don't actually believe or want to see this do you? He'd make last years Bell Debacle look like childs play.

The AB 24/7 media circus/smitt show would be unreal. Something the Steelers simply cant allow to happen. Has to be traded, even for peanuts. 

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You don't actually believe or want to see this do you? He'd make last years Bell Debacle look like childs play.

The AB 24/7 media circus/smitt show would be unreal. Something the Steelers simply cant allow to happen. Has to be traded, even for peanuts. 

Uhh, no...he doesnt.   It would make the Steelers look terrible to trade him for peanuts, on top of setting a terrible precedent for the rest of the league, to show that all a malcontent player has to do to get his way his act like an idiot.

Let the shiz show commence....Ill happily take that over trading him for scraps.    

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Okay, but lets look at a few facts....

1) Bell played behind a very good OLine and had a great passing game supporting him.     No denying he is good, but HOW good without those luxuries?

2) Bell hasnt played a meaningful down in over a year.   Plus there are reports he ballooned up.   He should be able to get back to playing shape, but its a bit worriesome.

3) Conner replaced Bell without missing a beat early in the year before he got hurt. 

4) Bell's health history is concerning.  No real major injuries, but he gets hurt at terrible times.   Plus he has alot of mileage.

5) I seriously question Bell's commitment once he gets a ton of guaranteed money.

All those things considered....and you can see why some people are really reluctant about paying him the kind of money he wants.

I think Bell does deserve to get paid, but he wants huge guaranteed money and a bunch up front.   Good luck with that.   I didnt want us to pay Bell THAT much even before Bell held out.

In Buffalo, our OL will not be near as bad, we going shopping this off season so I expect a turnaround via FA and draft

I don't really get how on one hand he has a lot of mileage but on other hand he sat a year. I don't see how both can be justified as a potential problem?

Lingering minor injuries is par for the course for a NFL RB, unless its ACL/Concussion problems im ok (not sure what injuries he's had)

I understand you guys not wanting to pay that much because you guys are always pretty close to cap, we don't have that problem in Buffalo, at least not right now and I get your argument but I think Bell's issues are being blown out of proportion with a lot of it stemming from the holdout.

I'm hearing he gained a lot of weight which does concern me a bit

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why not? It doesn't really affect the team at all.

Archived