Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

I think Brown will go to any team in the league that isn’t Buffalo, Wasington, and Miami due to their QB situations. He knows his career would die there with Josh Allen throwing him the ball. Any other situation is better. Cardinals might get Murray and they have DJ and Fitz. Brown has praised Carr and I’m sure an offensive mind like Gruden is a plus. I’m sure AB would go to GB in a heartbeat. I’m sure he be absolutely thrilled with Kyle and JG in SF. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Now's the time for the 49ers to swoop in with a low ball offer with the note, "at least you know he wants to be here and this will be over"

Sounds like AB wants a new contract no matter where he goes. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like AB wants a new contract no matter where he goes. 

He can want one, I'm not giving it to him. He can learn to live with disappointment lol. 

I'm not opposed to restructuring his deal a bit to give him more money this year, but that's coming out of the back end of the deal. That may be something he's willing to do in lieu of a whole new deal. Basically take 5 million from his 2021 salary (because lets be honest, if he's still playing at a high level, at that point you really can talk about negotiating a new deal) and make it a roster bonus for 2019. He gets 5 more for this year, and since he was probably not going to see 2021 on this contract either way (if he's good, he'd have an extension, if bad, he'd be cut), it really doesn't matter what his salary is for that year. 

Just now, warfelg said:

Good luck with that. 

Don't really need luck because I really don't care whether or not we get him. He'd be nice to have from an on field standpoint, but also a headache. I can stomach not having him. LIS, he can restructure it. I'm not giving him a new deal with 3 years left on his current one.  I'm okay with not landing him. Otherwise, he can go somewhere else. No skin off my back. He can throw his tantrum all he wants, but teams also don't have to play that game and he can just rot there not getting paid by anyone. 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Now's the time for the 49ers to swoop in with a low ball offer with the note, "at least you know he wants to be here and this will be over"

MAKE THE CALL LYNCH 

I have no issue trading a third/fourth and then giving him a pay bump with non guaranteed money

Just now, showtime said:

I want Brown to go to the 49ers.  He'll tear that locker room apart and it'll be glorious.

Really depends on how he interacts with everyone (or how they interact with him, I suppose). Jimmy = / = Big Ben. Hard to tear a locker room apart if there's no reason to be upset to be honest. 

Just now, Forge said:

Really depends on how he interacts with everyone (or how they interact with him, I suppose). Jimmy = / = Big Ben. Hard to tear a locker room apart if there's no reason to be upset to be honest. 

As soon as he doesn't get 19 targets in a game, he'll be ready to go off.  Jimmy G hasn't proven himself as a really good player nor has he earned the respect of others.  I could see Brown going there and having issues.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What is this and why have I watched it 47 times.

It's GOOD OL' JR. You used one of his quotes about it being Tom Cody's music!

lA7LrQ.gif

"Noooooooo! Not like this!!!!!!! Not like this!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Definite JR Quote/Narration)

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It's GOOD OL' JR. You used one of his quotes about it being Tom Cody's music!

lA7LrQ.gif

"Noooooooo! Not like this!!!!!!! Not like this!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Definite JR Quote/Narration)

BAH GAWD THAT MAN HAS A FAMILY!

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

As soon as he doesn't get 19 targets in a game, he'll be ready to go off.  Jimmy G hasn't proven himself as a really good player nor has he earned the respect of others.  I could see Brown going there and having issues.

The ballhogging thing I've never thought was a major issue. So many receivers have thrown tantrums over that in the past. It's the other stuff I think that wears on people. That being said, it could absolutely blow up. But it could also be a lot better outside of that situation. The thing, he's making it very difficult to be able to see the latter option actually happening. He's acted like such a petulant child. 

Archived