Two-Rounder (with a few FA predictions)

7DnBrnc53

A FEW FREE AGENCY & TRADE PREDICTIONS

Nick Foles, PHI (to JAX)
Le’Veon Bell, PIT (to NY JETS)
Antonio Brown, PIT (traded to SF for second rounder [36th overall])
Eric Ebron, IND (franchised by IND)
Jared Cook, RAI (to NE. Gronk retires)
Jesse James, PIT (to DEN)
Trent Brown, NE (franchised by NE)
Ja’Wuan James, MIA (to DEN)
Trey Flowers, NE (stays with NE)
DeMarcus Lawrence, DAL (franchised by DAL)
Earl Thomas, SEA (signs with DAL)
Landon Collins, NYG (stays with NYG)

DRAFT TRADES

1. The Giants trade the sixth overall pick, 2019 second-rounder, 2019 fourth-rounder, 2019 fifth-rounder, and 2020 first-rounder to the 49ers for the second overall pick.

2019 MOCK DRAFT, ROUND ONE

1. ARIZONA: Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St.
Chandler Jones is their only viable edge rusher.
2. NY GIANTS (from SF): Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St.
The owners wanted a QB last year, but Gettleman took Barkley. This year, the owners get their wish.
3. NY JETS: Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky
Edge rusher is a big need for the Jets, and they get a LB who can do that and more.
4. VEGAS: Quinnen Williams, Alabama
Possible best player in draft falls right into Gruden’s lap.
5. TAMPA BAY: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
Maybe this Florida OT works out better than the last one Tampa took in Round 1 (Kenyatta Walker in 2001, a bust)
6. SAN FRAN (from NYG): Devin White, OLB, LSU
Here is Reuben Foster’s replacement.
7. JACKSONVILLE: Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
Calais Campbell will be 33 on opening day, and Malik Jackson and/or Marcell Dareus may be salary cap casualties.
8. DETROIT: Montez Sweat, EDGE, Miss. State
Ziggy Ansah is an impending FA.
9. BUFFALO: Cody Ford, RT/G, Oklahoma
Bills O-line is a dumpster fire outside of LT Dion Dawkins.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             10. DENVER: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Cecil Lammey, Bronco insider, predicted that Denver would take Bolles and Chubb the past two years. This year, he says that they like Lock. I will stick with Cecil.
11. CINCINNATI: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss. State
This player has Bengals written all over him.
12. GREEN BAY: Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson
Clay Matthews may not be back. Even so, the Pack need help rushing the passer.
13. MIAMI: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
Here is part of Walter Cherepinsky’s write-up (from Walter Football):

Quote “That said, the general managers Schefter spoke to were doing something else as well. They were building hype for Murray. We've already established that those general managers don't want Murray, so they're trying to raise his value so that some team in front of them takes Murray, causing a better player to fall to them. I coined the phrase, "bad teams make dumb picks" a long time ago, and this is a case where the good teams are trying to bait a bad team to make yet another dumb pick.

I then thought about it. Who could take Murray in the first round? Well, there's no dumber owner of a bad team in the NFL than Stephen Ross. I'm sure he's smart in real life, but when it comes to managing his football team, Ross has made countless blunders. Ross also loves hype. He constantly invites celebrities no one cares about to games to try to draw a crowd. This would be another instance of Ross trying to draw attention to the Dolphins. He may demand for his next regime to draft Murray because he thinks a 5-foot-9, 190-pound quarterback, who thrived in a conference where zero defense is played, won't get half of his passes batted at the line of scrimmage somehow.” Quote

14. ATLANTA: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
Both of their starters (Grady Jarrett and Terrell McClain) are free agents.
15. WASHINGTON: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
Skins are relieved that he falls right into their lap.
16. CAROLINA: Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
Desperate for upgrade over Matt Kalil at LT, Panthers roll the dice on underachiever.
17. CLEVELAND: Dre’Mont Jones, DT, Ohio St.
Browns need an interior pass rusher.
18. MINNESOTA: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
Vikes should move Reiff to RT.
19. TENNESSEE: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
Bennie Logan is a FA, and the Titans need upgrade at NT.
20. PITTSBURGH: DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
Steelers desperately need an upgrade across from Joe Haden.
21. SEATTLE: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
Seahawks stay in town to start rebuilding their desolate secondary.
22. BALTIMORE: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
Some scouts really like Jacobs, and he will help the young Jackson.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         23. HOUSTON: Greedy Williams, CB, LSU                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Kareem Jackson is a FA, and Johnathan Joseph will be 35 by draft day.
24. VEGAS (from CHI): A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
Jordy Nelson is about done, and the Raiders have nobody else of note at WR.
25. PHILADELPHIA: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
Jay Ajayi is a FA, and he is coming off a torn ACL.
26. INDIANAPOLIS: Zach Allen, DE, Boston College
Colts need more help in the pass rush area.
27. VEGAS (from DAL): Jaylon Ferguson, DE, La. Tech
Raiders take a chance on Ferguson, who had 17.5 sacks in 2018 and had an excellent Senior Bowl.
28. SAN ANGELES: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
They have three DT’s that are FA, and they were terrible against the run in the playoffs against New England.
29. KANSAS CITY: Jachai Polite, OLB, Florida
Dee Ford is a FA, and Justin Houston can be injury prone.
30. GREEN BAY (from NO): T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
Jimmy Graham doesn’t have much left, and A-Rod could use another weapon or two.
31. L.A. RAMS: Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame
Suh is a pending FA, and the Rams may need to replenish up front.
32. NEW ENGLAND: Irv Smith, Jr, TE, Alabama
Gronk’s days appear to be over.

ROUND TWO

33. ARIZONA: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St.
34. INDY (from NY JETS): Johnathan Abram, SS, Miss. State
35. VEGAS: Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
36. PITTSBURGH (from SF): Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida St.
37. SAN FRAN (from NY GIANTS): Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, FS/SCB, Florida
38. JACKSONVILLE: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
39. TAMPA BAY: Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College
40. BUFFALO: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
41. DENVER: Germaine Pratt, ILB, N.C. State
42. CINCINNATI: Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern
43. DETROIT: Vosean Joseph, OLB, Florida
44. GREEN BAY: Michael Jordan, G/C, Ohio St.
45. ATLANTA: Carl Granderson, DE, Wyoming
46. WASHINGTON: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St.
47. CAROLINA: Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware
48. MIAMI: Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
49. CLEVELAND: Deebo Samuel, WR, So. Carolina
50. MINNESOTA: D’Andre Walker, OLB, Georgia
51. TENNESSEE: Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan
52. PITTSBURGH: Kelvin Harmon, WR, N.C. State
53. PHILADELPHIA (from BAL): Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas St.
54. HOUSTON (from SEA): Erik McCoy, G/C, Texas A&M
55. HOUSTON: Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls
56. NEW ENGLAND (from CHI): Joe Jackson, EDGE, Miami
57. PHILADELPHIA: Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
58. DALLAS: Elgton Jenkins, C, Miss. State
59. INDIANAPOLIS: Isaiah Buggs, DT, Alabama
60. SAN ANGELES: Tre Lamar, LB, Clemson
61. KANSAS CITY: Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
62. NEW ORLEANS: Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
63. KANSAS CITY (from LA RAMS): Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
64. NEW ENGLAND: Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

1) I hate the foles signing. foles while he has played good for the eagles he bombed last time he left them.  it kinda reminds me of kevin kolb.  

2) while i get the gary pick for the reason u said he actually seemed to play much better in the inside then as an outside guy.  i would probably pick Murray to be our QB because while he lacks traditional size he has a great arm and has very good athleticism.  i see him as a better passing Lamar jackson kinda guy.  with the rule changes im not too worried about his lack of size.   for all this talk of batted Balls im not sure of his release point but the height doesnt seem like a lot of batted balls for guys like Brees and Wilson. im not saying Murray is either but they are fairly close to his size and dont have batted ball problems.   i have watched a 6 foot 5 qb have more batted balls it was almost a volleyball game. 

3) Jeffery Simmons is highly doubtful to be picked that high if the news is right that he has a torn ACL in draft training. 

4) as much as i think the jags need fant i would look at Lindstorm or risner. we need a mauler at RG and both fits the bill perfectly and risner could solve our RT problem but at worse fix our RG spot. 

I would be very displeased with that draft for Cincy 

If we are going DT in round 1 I would much prefer Wilkins, especially after Simmons tearing his ACL

if not Oline has to be top priority with Devin White gone

Clayton Thorsen is not a 2nd rounder, more like 5-6 rounder. 

Dalton Risner in round 2 would be the pick 

I feel like Trent Brown has zero chance of getting franchised by NE. Simmons will likely drop into day 2 with the torn ACL.

As for the NE draft, 32 Irv Smith would be a pick I like. The 2nd round picks are decent but I don't love them. If Thornhill is there at 56 I would prefer him over Rapp by a decent margin. At 64 I would lean towards the best available defensive lineman.

21 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

11.  CINCINNATI :  Jeffrey Simmons  T Miss State This player has Bengals written all over him.

42. CINCINNATI: Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern

Is this a joke, a bad troll job, or did some dude in Cincy steal your fiance?

So we take a huge lineman with a torn ACL that won't recover fully for two years?  And reach for a late day 3 QB in the second?  Please.

With White gone, I don't know whether we go Oliver or Williams.  But if it is Williams, we go Devin Bush in the second.  If we go Oliver, then we have to take Risner in the second.  Personally, I'd hope we tried to trade back a few spots or more.  If the raiders hadn't taken Q Williams, I'd try to work a trade around 11 and another pick for 24 and 27 so they could grab Oliver.  If Bosa and Williams swapped spots, i'd definitely try to sell that move.

Archived