Football Cards

waffles7

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep, I have also been in on individual auto Bowmans as I can't bring myself to spend $500 on their 1st Edition hobby boxes or $250+ for their baseball boxes, especially when the trade off for spending the money is 1 guaranteed auto lol. Yeah, it's fun to risk it when you're looking at pulling a Tatis or Acuna rookie with the old stuff but it's not really worth it otherwise. LIS, I'm just chasing down individuals of Topps and Bowman that I think are worth the investment. Obviously never going to have the aforementioned Tatis or Acuna type cards but I can live with investing into the Kyle Lewis, Brendan Rodgers, Keston Hiura, Ryan Mountcastle, Tyler Stephenson types. 

I want to have fun with this stuff, not use it as, basically, the stock market LOL. Panini is just such a fun pull compared to Topps.

Wish I would of gotten into it sooner, or it crashes, cause I just wanna pull Panini Football Boxes for the hell of it, not for the money. The cards look awesome. And I got back into cards... for cards. I didn't even know the market went crazy until I was already back in it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Wish I would of gotten into it sooner, or it crashes, cause I just wanna pull Panini Football Boxes for the hell of it, not for the money. The cards look awesome. And I got back into cards... for cards. I didn't even know the market went crazy until I was already back in it. 

Same. I'm having so much fun with the baseball stuff but, christ, does it add up fast. It's so damn addicting that I find myself on eBay practically nightly searching for deals.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why are they trash? Asking a legit question out of curiosity. Not a fanatic supporter or anything. 

**** costumer service and product. Their shirts are okay but it's a gamble every time you buy one. Their hats are absolutely terrible quality. It also takes quite a bit of time for their stuff to ship.

Obviously, they are a sports merchandise/apparel company right now but they aren't good at all at what they currently do. I have zero faith they'd put the effort into sports cards that Panini and Topps do.

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

**** costumer service and product. Their shirts are okay but it's a gamble every time you buy one. Their hats are absolutely terrible quality. It also takes quite a bit of time for their stuff to ship.

Obviously, they are a sports merchandise/apparel company right now but they aren't good at all at what they currently do. I have zero faith they'd put the effort into sports cards that Panini and Topps do.

Panini has changed the whole game. The effort they put in is surreal. Hope they never cut corners in the future like most companies do when they become gigantic. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Panini has changed the whole game. The effort they put in is surreal. Hope they never cut corners in the future like most companies do when they become gigantic. 

Yeah, I love Panini's stuff, man. Lots of people don't like it because of the lack of licensing with the leagues but their product is just so much more appealing to me than Topps/Bowman.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Panini changed it for the worse in terms of it being a hobby. It's basically just a business at this point.

That being said, the products do look amazing. The quality control is horrible though with damaged cards. I can't tell you how many off center or cards with factory lines through them I've gotten. 

EDIT: Fanatics is a HUGE step down though. Maybe I'll end up missing Panini after all. 

Edited by JonStark

Back in 2002... David Carr Sage auto that I pulled from a random pack 10/20. That same box, I got another pack and pulled a Joey Harrington ?/75. Then at a card show, random pack pulled a David Carr bowman chrome xfactor auto. No idea what the value is now.

I was so pumped at the time because I was a Texan fan and just pulled those cards from random packs. I said, 'No shot am I selling these.'

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Is it still a free for all getting cards at a Walmart? Probably need an insider to know when it will be stocked or you miss out?

Fred Meyers in Gresham, Oregon has a huge Pokémon card vending machine. 

Wondering if sports cards are headed that way.