Franchise Tag Updates/Rumors

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You lost me after "Cowherd."  That man doesn't have sources and even if he does, he still just ignores what they tell him to say whatever is going to be controversial enough to draw clicks and make clips of his show go viral.

Yeah he’s still doubling down on Baker being awful.

He’s a sharp dude, but he’s purely clickbait at this point.

19 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Not likely to be tagged but there's this.

Players who hold out just for a Brinks truck turn me off of them so much. The priority should be winning games and playing great. If I'm NYJ, TB or IND I'd be completely disinterested in players like Bell and look elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Players who hold out just for a Brinks truck turn me off of them so much. The priority should be winning games and playing great. If I'm NYJ, TB or IND I'd be completely disinterested in players like Bell and look elsewhere. 

When you play a position that has a short shelf life and pays less than other positions, get your money bro. Teams like to run RBS into the ground while they pay them cheap.

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is a job for them not a hobby. You go play for less than your value but these guys should get every dime they can. At the end of the day they dont play to please SmittyBacall. 

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This is a job for them not a hobby. You go play for less than your value but these guys should get every dime they can. At the end of the day they dont play to please SmittyBacall. 

And they don’t have to, but if money is your chief priority you’re looking at this game - and life - the wrong way. Bell is going to be paid in the 99th percentile versus the population whether he signed for $15 or $18 million annually. Premium NFLers are filthy rich regardless. Exercise some financial responsibility, put your ego aside and reassess your priorities.

3 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

And they don’t have to, but if money is your chief priority you’re looking at this game - and life - the wrong way. Bell is going to be paid in the 99th percentile versus the population whether he signed for $15 or $18 million annually. Premium NFLers are filthy rich regardless. Exercise some financial responsibility, put your ego aside and reassess your priorities.

You cant tell someone what they should value. Most aren't in the position to generate generational wealth. Bell is in a unique position, one he has to capitalize on now. You cannot tell a man who's doing whats best for him and his family to put his ego aside and reassess his priorities when his priority is first and foremost to himself and his family. 

12 hours ago, DawgX said:

LOL I have a feeling whatever team signs him is going to regret it if they give him anywhere near that kind of money.

Possibly, but teams like Indy or NYJ have 100M+ in cap space. They could feasibly front load the hell out of that deal, even paying him 30M-40M in year one. 

Obviously no guarantee he ever returns to his previous level of play. It’s a gamble, but one certain teams can afford to make, cap-wise. 

Archived