BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

although one thing i did bring up that never got put in was being able to sign your free agent players to extensions

We all know that's not going to pass.

23 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't know why paying 100% real value is such an issue 

You can already re-sign 3 players and 100% extend anyone else if you have the cap and they have a contract, everyone else should hit FA.

13 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

You can already re-sign 3 players and 100% extend anyone else if you have the cap and they have a contract, everyone else should hit FA.

Incorrect.  Anyone who is a guy you can currently eligible to three up you can not 100% extend 

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Incorrect.  Anyone who is a guy you can currently eligible to three up you can not 100% extend 

But the year prior if they had a contract, you could 100% extend them. If not oh well, 3up em.

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

But the year prior if they had a contract, you could 100% extend them. If not oh well, 3up em.

It's the oh well part that sucks there. 

I'll give a real life example.  If I was crazy I could sign Dante Fowler to a one year 14k contract.  Instead how it's currently set up I'd have to use a three up this year followed by another three up next year if I wanted to keep him again 

I'm sorry I kinda phased out. Let's go back to business.

Topic: 11a. Reduce size of regular season

Idea submitter: Mike

Current situation: Currently we have a regular season of 14 games with 3 playoffs weeks, going from NFL week 1 to week 17. Teams face their division opponent twice and teams from 2 other divisions (6 + 4 + 4 = 14)

Detailed idea 

Reduce the size of regular season to 10 (or 12) games

Argument for : Would avoid all week 17 controversies (players who are helthy scratches ...), and would allow by weeks for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Applicable on: 2019

Discussion only for now: @Jlash @pheltzbahr @Counselor @wwhickok @Whicker @WFLukic @BringinDaPain @PR @bcb1213 @MD4L @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @Hockey5djh @SirA1 @SwoleXmad

For 10 games we could do 6 + 4

For 12 games we could 6 + 4 + 2 (like in the NFL, if you finished 1st the year before, you'd play the 1st of each other division

For the new guys. BDL week to week availability depends on NFL availability (ie. of a player is hurt and doesn't play in say week 12 IRL, he's not eligible to play in week 12 of BDL). We often run into problems in week 17 where a lot of players are rested, sometimes without injury designation but sometimes with. In addition, we often have issues getting gameplans in time for Thanksgiving, Xmas and NYE weeks. Hence why the proposal of a reduced reg season came.

49 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

although one thing i did bring up that never got put in was being able to sign your free agent players to extensions

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't know why paying 100% real value is such an issue 

I would actually be in favor of removing 100% extensions all together as it causes confusion as it is. 

But again something I don't think will happen.

27 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's the oh well part that sucks there. 

I'll give a real life example.  If I was crazy I could sign Dante Fowler to a one year 14k contract.  Instead how it's currently set up I'd have to use a three up this year followed by another three up next year if I wanted to keep him again 

Correct. That's the way it's always been except we allow for 3 upped players on 1 year deals that get extended to mirror that new contract as well. It's something that I will be putting together for the 3 Up proposed changes to formalize for all non Shark/Waiver claimed signed players on 1 year deals.

I had to do Bell 2 years in a row and will be using a 3rd this year and he didn't even play last year.

Archived