Jags to sign Nick Foles

vike daddy

Make sense for Foles to sign with the Jaguars considering they have a need, the OC is familiar with Foles, and this team is built now to win so drafting a rookie QB especially in this draft class wouldnt seem ideal.

With that being said, I can easily see Foles being what Keenum was to the Broncos last season. Thats a guy who went from a great situation with no pressure to now being in situation with all the pressure in the world. If Foles dont deliver its not going to go well for him in Jacksonville because its a different team and all the stuff he accomplished in Philly isnt going to be carried over to the Jaguars. He has to be successful and as a starter its going to be interesting to see how he does away from Philly. Especially knowing that Watson and Luck are both in the same division. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

They're missing the most important piece and that's Andy Reid or Doug Pederson. I don't have faith that Marrone/DeFilippo can put him in a position to succeed.

I believe in Marrone until proven otherwise. Part of Marrone's bad rep stems from him extending a middle finger to the Bills' front office a few years ago--in a situation that would have had many of us doing the same thing...

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

They will need more guys on offense though. 

This is an understatement.

They need two, maybe even three, starting caliber OL - not to mention the depth needs. They need at least a WR1, arguably even a WR2. They need a TE1, and probably a TE2. They need 2-3 RBs added to the roster, as Fournette is likely the only one on the roster now who deserves (and I use that loosely) to be on the roster next year. 

This offense is really bad. And Foles + an entire draft class (that will probably be 60+% misses anyway) isn’t going to fix it. 

Would like to think this doesn't preclude us from Haskins/Murray/Lock but I feel like it may.

Overall, it's a solid upgrade over what we had but we need a lot of help around him. Dede I think with competent QB play could be something special, but besides that it's bleak. 

Foles has shown to be solid at times but he also had a solid supporting cast during those stretches so... we'll see.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I believe in Marrone until proven otherwise. Part of Marrone's bad rep stems from him extending a middle finger to the Bills' front office a few years ago--in a situation that would have had many of us doing the same thing...

He demanded more money and a contract extension because he had one winning season. He was never a good coach, he wasn't even that good a coach at Syracuse.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Would like to think this doesn't preclude us from Haskins/Murray/Lock but I feel like it may.

It does preclude that. But, worry not, I think it's a good thing.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He demanded more money and a contract extension because he had one winning season. He was never a good coach, he wasn't even that good a coach at Syracuse.

Seriously? Dude that's just Hatorade....

3 hours ago, pwny said:

This is an understatement.

They need two, maybe even three, starting caliber OL - not to mention the depth needs. They need at least a WR1, arguably even a WR2. They need a TE1, and probably a TE2. They need 2-3 RBs added to the roster, as Fournette is likely the only one on the roster now who deserves (and I use that loosely) to be on the roster next year. 

This offense is really bad. And Foles + an entire draft class (that will probably be 60+% misses anyway) isn’t going to fix it. 

The offense was perfectly functional two years ago before a rash of injuries at OL, WR,TE, and RB last season.

Not saying it's got the talent that Philly has had, but it's not as barren as people claim it is.

My biggest concern is philosophy. Marrone preaches not turning the ball over on offense, using ball control and conservative playcalling.

It's really not too dissimilar from Fisher, and we know how that mindset nearly made Foles retire.

10 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

My biggest concern is philosophy. Marrone preaches not turning the ball over on offense, using ball control and conservative playcalling.

It's really not too dissimilar from Fisher, and we know how that mindset nearly made Foles retire.

"Liked" your comment, but let's be real...Marrone is exponentially better than Fisher when it comes to offense. Hell, I would be, too...

15 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

The offense was perfectly functional two years ago before a rash of injuries at OL, WR,TE, and RB last season.

The offense last season was bad before the injuries. Jags fans really need to quit using them as an excuse for everything that happened to the offense last year.

The 2017 offense was 19th in DVOA, so it wasn't that good. They just got put in great situations by the defense, which won't be as good in 2019 after they get done shedding contracts for cap space, and got lucky playing some bad defenses. It also featured Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, and Corey Grant at RB, Marcedes Lewis at TE, Allen Hurns at WR, AJ Cann and Jeremy Parnell on the OL; all who won't be on next year's team. Not to mention that the 2017 team had injuries too, and the 2019 offense looks like it will likely have no depth that can help the offense sustain an injury as they sustained in 2017 when ARob went down.

Archived