Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SmittyBacall

Who gets drafted higher/lower than expected?

Recommended Posts

I think Devin Bush goes much earlier than most expect.  I see him falling to the Steelers in a lot of mocks.  I do not think he makes it.  Could be at 11 if White is already off the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Not really much of a bold take but i think Irv Smith will slip a little further than some people think. I see alot of people saying 1st round, im thinking like mid 2nd.

 

A lot of the NFL expert guys seem to think we're drafting Irv. There's no way Bill is reaching on a second round talent at 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

A lot of the NFL expert guys seem to think we're drafting Irv. There's no way Bill is reaching on a second round talent at 32

Bucky Brooks has the Titans taking him at 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Hakeem Butler could surprise with how early he goes, similar to Mike Williams on LAC a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go top 15. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think that Hollywood Brown falls a little bit. He's small and coming off of an injury. This WR class as a whole is weak at the top tier, but the Day 2 and Day 3 guys have a lot of guys who are very solid and will do well. I just don't see a "prototype guy" (at least with the production to back up the frame) Julio/A.J. Green type of guy in this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premium position guys always go higher than you think:

QB, Tackle, Corner

Fast receivers always go higher than you think, but this year there's a whole host of them with rare speed - so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Premium position guys always go higher than you think:

QB, Tackle, Corner

Fast receivers always go higher than you think, but this year there's a whole host of them with rare speed - so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. 

This is so true. I expect quite a few tackles and corners being selected in the 1st round that have solid 2nd round grades.  On the flip side, lots of legit 1st round talent on DL - especially interior DL - will be available in the 2nd round.

As for Hollywood Brown, I don't see him getting past the Cards at #33. Kingsbury just said that when you have nobody that really scares the defense deep, they will pin their ears back and sit on you. Most likely Brown will be picked in the 20s though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2019 at 10:45 PM, Daniel said:

Bucky Brooks has the Titans taking him at 19.

LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I personally think that Hollywood Brown falls a little bit. He's small and coming off of an injury. This WR class as a whole is weak at the top tier, but the Day 2 and Day 3 guys have a lot of guys who are very solid and will do well. I just don't see a "prototype guy" (at least with the production to back up the frame) Julio/A.J. Green type of guy in this draft.

If he falls, he's a steal. His tape is insane. Some team is going to be very happy.

Arizona taking Murray at 1 and Hollywood at 33 is a narrative that writes itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, Daniel said:
On 4/8/2019 at 4:56 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

A lot of the NFL expert guys seem to think we're drafting Irv. There's no way Bill is reaching on a second round talent at 32

Bucky Brooks has the Titans taking him at 19.

With Jonnu Smith and Delanie? O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

With Jonnu Smith and Delanie? O.o

A tight end makes sense.  The Titans use a lot of two tight end sets, and Delanie is coming off of an injury and is old.  If Hockenson falls into their laps at 19 (like it did in the consensus mocks here), then I expect they'd take him, but it's fairly low on the needs list.  Jonnu Smith has flashed, but he's pretty clearly no replacement for Walker, so they still need an heir.

The Titans essentially only have three big needs: pass rusher (whether from the interior or edge), receiving weapon (whether a TE or a WR), and interior offensive line, and I expect them to try to address all three before double dipping anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montez Sweat could fall due to heart condition

I think Hakeem Butler won't make it out of the top 12 picks (i.e. get past Green Bay)

I feel like Jeffrey Simmons is either going to go higher than expected (top 15 still) or lower (late 2nd) depending on how teams view his off-the-field issues

I don't know what the consensus on Clelin Ferrell is, but I don't see a first rounder there.

Dissimilarly, I think his teammate Lawrence will get draft higher (top 20)

I think Metcalf falls. He's not a natural WR and has the neck issue. I wouldn't touch him in the first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't know what the consensus on Clelin Ferrell is, but I don't see a first rounder there.

What makes you say that? I'm not refuting it, just curious to hear your opinion. I like him as a sleeper to the Steelers at 20, depending on the board that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What makes you say that? I'm not refuting it, just curious to hear your opinion. I like him as a sleeper to the Steelers at 20, depending on the board that is.

Similar strengths and weaknesses to Bosa, but weaknesses are more pronounced. That mold can make it work as @jrry32 pointed out, I feel like he might remind me of Jabaal Sheard a bit but would have to go back and watch more of Sheard again. Just very leggy/arduous in his arcs. from what I saw. Feel like he will need to add some serious strength to be effective. I think he would be solid value in the 2nd round with this year's edge class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×