New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

• 3 weeks later...

Having grandfathers who served in WWII, I am always interested in seeing war movies that make an attempt at accuracy. Loved both "The Darkest Hour" and "Dunkirk" (which actually could be watched back-to-back as they are events that lead to the other). Really glad to see "Midway" being redone and will be seeing it this weekend as it is my favorite event in the Pacific War. I think it is especially appropriate that Lionsgate decided to release it on Veteran's Day weekend. 

Anyone else going to see it? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Having grandfathers who served in WWII, I am always interested in seeing war movies that make an attempt at accuracy. Loved both "The Darkest Hour" and "Dunkirk" (which actually could be watched back-to-back as they are events that lead to the other). Really glad to see "Midway" being redone and will be seeing it this weekend as it is my favorite event in the Pacific War. I think it is especially appropriate that Lionsgate decided to release it on Veteran's Day weekend. 

I'm very particular about my "war" movies. I love them when they are done right. Not so much when they are more about putting butts in the seats (IE, just intense action set pieces, etc). So I'm weary of Midway being too "fly boys" for my liking. I may wait to see reviews. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm very particular about my "war" movies. I love them when they are done right. Not so much when they are more about putting butts in the seats (IE, just intense action set pieces, etc). So I'm weary of Midway being too "fly boys" for my liking. I may wait to see reviews. 

They are out and with mixed results. Which is something I don't mind at all. It won't be a movie for everyone.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I will see it at some point. I make it a priority to never go to a movie theater. Aside from it practically being cheaper to buy the movie when it's released, I haven't been to a movie in the last 15 years where the experience wasn't completely ruined by another moviegoer. 

Nobody spoil this one for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

I will see it at some point. I make it a priority to never go to a movie theater. Aside from it practically being cheaper to buy the movie when it's released, I haven't been to a movie in the last 15 years where the experience wasn't completely ruined by another moviegoer. 

Nobody spoil this one for me!

The United States win.

There. Spoiled it for you.

:P

3 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I was scrolling thru my news feed today and I can't believe people made such a huge deal out of Jimmy's "baby" remark. It was obvious that he uses that word in his vocabulary. I use it like he does too. Today's society is so freaking soft I swear...

I think it was hilarious and Erin Andrews doesn’t seem to mind. Even if it wasn’t just a word he uses all the time and it just slipped, can you blame him? Erin Andrews is smokin! 

49 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I was scrolling thru my news feed today and I can't believe people made such a huge deal out of Jimmy's "baby" remark. It was obvious that he uses that word in his vocabulary. I use it like he does too. Today's society is so freaking soft I swear...

It really is. You say one wrong word or, heaven forbid, happen to share your opinion after someone actually asks for it, and your all but crucified for it. Buck up, little campers! Get a thicker skin, please!

On 11/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, Chrissooner49er said:

They are out and with mixed results. Which is something I don't mind at all. It won't be a movie for everyone.

Regarding the movie Midway (which I will see tomorrow--cannot wait!), I found this:

Retired U.S. Navy Rear Adm. Samuel J. Cox, director of the Naval History and Heritage Command and the Navy's liaison for the film, says the movie is more accurate than 1976's "Midway" starring Charlton Heston and Henry Fonda. Cox ultimately gave the current telling a strong thumbs up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think it was hilarious and Erin Andrews doesn’t seem to mind. Even if it wasn’t just a word he uses all the time and it just slipped, can you blame him? Erin Andrews is smokin! 

Yeah but he does say baby as part of his vocabulary. I think it's way overblown and today's society sucks. Everyone is offended by something

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Each week, I browse around the opponent's forum and each week I realized a little more that this forum is one of the most active forums on the site, and I love that. The Browns' forum is the most active out of any of the teams the 49ers have played so far, IMO. 

This forum is the only thing that the browns have going for them, they hope together in the offseason and cry together in  the season.  One of the best support groups around.