C - Rodney Hudson

RG - Gabe Jackson

RT - Trent Brown

Backups

G/T - Denzelle Good

ST - Brandon Parker

G/C - Jonathan Cooper

G/C - Jordan Devey 

You want versatile OL behind your starters. Good can play either guard spot or OT if needed, Parker can play either OT spot (but probably strictly a RT with Brown here), Cooper can play either guard spot or center, and Devey can play either guard spot or C. Devey has played in 39 games (17 starts), Good has played in 30 games (23 starts), Parker has played in 15 games (12 starts), and Cooper has played in 46 games (31 starts). 

I didn't know Good has played some tackle previously, as you say versatility is the key and if Good can indeed play OT in a pinch I'd think that makes him a lock for the roster if he's healthy of course. Parker is still a big question mark too, they obviously saw something in him but he hasn't really done much to lock himself on the roster though equally we haven't heard much about his competition either. OT is one position I think where it is very difficult to pick up a decent player after cuts - most other positions seem to have some decent talent getting cut but it's rare to pick up an OT that can come in and do a job.  

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I didn't know Good has played some tackle previously, as you say versatility is the key and if Good can indeed play OT in a pinch I'd think that makes him a lock for the roster if he's healthy of course. Parker is still a big question mark too, they obviously saw something in him but he hasn't really done much to lock himself on the roster though equally we haven't heard much about his competition either. OT is one position I think where it is very difficult to pick up a decent player after cuts - most other positions seem to have some decent talent getting cut but it's rare to pick up an OT that can come in and do a job.  

Parker had no business starting last season but that experience will be key in his development. IIRC, he lived with Gabe Jackson all summer in Mississippi training and getting ready for the season.

On 8/6/2019 at 10:33 AM, NYRaider said:

If I had to guess I'd assume it ends up like: 

Starters

LT - Kolton Miller

LG - Richie Incognito 

C - Rodney Hudson

RG - Gabe Jackson

RT - Trent Brown

Backups

G/T - Denzelle Good

ST - Brandon Parker

G/C - Jonathan Cooper

G/C - Jordan Devey 

You want versatile OL behind your starters. Good can play either guard spot or OT if needed, Parker can play either OT spot (but probably strictly a RT with Brown here), Cooper can play either guard spot or center, and Devey can play either guard spot or C. Devey has played in 39 games (17 starts), Good has played in 30 games (23 starts), Parker has played in 15 games (12 starts), and Cooper has played in 46 games (31 starts). 

We really need to sign a vet Guard. Jackson might be out for the season, Richie is still a head case who can flip out at any moment, Good is out until October at the earliest

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

We really need to sign a vet Guard. Jackson might be out for the season, Richie is still a head case who can flip out at any moment, Good is out until October at the earliest

How can you make such a generalized statement as if you know this guy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Good news on Gabe. He'll be out 8 weeks so he could be back for week 5 in London vs the Bears.

If true you have to think they hold him out that game with the bye the following week. Frustrating that he will miss significant time but at least it's not an ACL.

general thoughts 

QB- Peterman and Glennon both suck, we are in trouble is Carr is injured. Glennon was moving the chains but those interceptions were bad. Peterman best play was a 51 yard run, he won't be able to do that against NFL starters 

RB- Washington looks like he might stick for another year. I would keep him as the 4th RB in case of injuries, other RBs will be easy cuts 

FB- Ingold seemed to do his job, good preseason and he makes the team

WR- JJ Nelson is a lock, he was an underrated pick up. Hunter having a great camp so he will be a lock as well.  Hatcher and Grant both had games,  making plays out there. That is going be a tough cut, Doss also looked good when his number called. 

TE-  didn't really notice much

OL-  I honestly didn't notice OL too much, maybe someone can break this unit down better. I followed the ball when watching the game. I notice Brandon Parker screw up a few times, Kirkland opened the hole on Washington TD while the starters were playing

DL- Arden Key was MVP to me.Pressures, and owned  that Rams Olineman on that sack. Westbrooks was a stud in the second half, he is a NFL rotation player, good camp and he makes the team. Rush actually looked huge and made plays stuffing the run in the second half. Ferrell made a few plays

LB- didn't notice anyone who stood out. 52 needs to change his number, our defense seemed fast

DBs- Mullens looks the part. can't wait to see more of our young abs

P- AJ Cole out kicked Townsend. Cole has 3 more shots to outplay Johnny and take his job

Returner- Gafford and Pierson looked fast. interested to see how to play the rest of the preseason 

I think a lot of the roster spots are secure

• Ingold looks to have that FB spot unless he falls apart the last two weeks. he is a great blocker who can catch
  • Washington is looking good with juice, he will be a nice asset for depth
  • thin on the OL so everyone trying for a spot likely is in Kirkland, Sharpe, Parker I think we go 8 OL , could see a TRADE or picking an OL after cuts  UDFA go to practice squad
  • Carrier seems to be ahead of Wilson on depth chart and has made plays. Could see pt in 2 TE sets with no Cook or L Smith
  • Westbrook has shown the ability to get in the backfield, likely makes this team with all the help we need getting to the QB. Vanderdoes goes on IR or cut, I think the latter. Could also sneak Max on IR
  • nothing knew emerged at LB, I see backups being Morrow, Cabinda, Lee. Coney to PS unless something crazy happens, haven't heard much from him
  • Lawson could get cut, he has sucked and facing a suspension. We have our top 5 CBs, plus Joyner. 
  • We have our 3 headed safeties Joyner, Abram, Joseph plus likely Harris due to his ST play. Riley has a good shot due to Lawson being suspended, and Joyner playing a lot of nickel 
  • Unless Harris fumbles a few times against the Packers, he is likely the returner even if Rico is showing his speed and potential
  • Glennon is looking good and I give him an edge over Peterman. Gruden might keep Peterman around if he keeps showing heart, but wouldn't be surprised if he is cut 

Only spot I see very tough to pick is WR. We have a good battle between Doss and Grant. Rico is starting to flash too, while Ateman and Hatcher have made plays 

KEeping it simple...

53 man roster 3 special teams (K/P/LS) 50 left

11starters on offense and defense each position has a backup 11/4 = 44. (6 left)

back up FB is a extra RB and might only need 9 online instead of a backup for each. (7 left)

2 QB’s/9 OL/4 RB/4 WR/2TE

4DT/4DE/6LB/4CB/4S

So those 7 openings fill in where you want more depth and ST assistance. An extra QB is only needed if injuries occur and only a few games will be missed. TE/WR and probably RB all could use an extra pick, especially if they offer ST value. So 4 left. DL/LB and CB or nickel/dime back means 1 left. ST is usually used for that, but a young player who wouldn’t make it to ps is a wise investment that might not dress The Who season but is there for the future. Rush would fit this as Hankins and Jelly would be good enough if no injuries and Jelly’s contract would make trading cutting him next season a better option and gives Rush a season behind Hankins. Hurst  and Hall are young and still developing 3T so I expect them to make it. The question would be does Westbrook beat out Mayowa for the extra DL spot because of versatility?!? Also would Joyner be  a S or CB?I’ve got him as S but expect him to play every where as a Swiss Army knife.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:47 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Ingold looks to have that FB spot unless he falls apart the last two weeks. he is a great blocker who can catch

Smith was out inured and is back this week. He's also a favorite of the ST coach. They won't keep 2 FBs, so likely keeps his spot as he is a core ST player

That said, Smith was pretty lackluster last year as a blocker and pass catcher. Really hope the Raiders move on.

46 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

2 down arrows are 2 of the biggest issues. Miller at LT has to show a ton of improvement. Otherwise, the arrow is down on 2019 Carr.

And Mack was a defensive MVP. His production and playmaking ability was that 2016 defense. Pass rush will still be a major issue this season. Really eye opening how ineffective Ferrell has been as a pass rusher thus far.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That said, Smith was pretty lackluster last year as a blocker and pass catcher. Really hope the Raiders move on.

Hopefully we pursue a youth movement this year. I like Jelly and Smith is okay but if we have younger, better, and cheaper alternatives, we should let them go. I'd feel good going into the season with Rush as the backup NT and Ingold as the FB. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Hopefully we pursue a youth movement this year. I like Jelly and Smith is okay but if we have younger, better, and cheaper alternatives, we should let them go. I'd feel good going into the season with Rush as the backup NT and Ingold as the FB. 

Same. I'm all for trying to get a pick for Jelly and Grant. Ingold has shown me more in preseason than Smith. Never was a fan of his.

• Like 1