Raiders re-sign DT Jonathan Hankins (2 year deal)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

So with PJ Hall, Maurice Hurst and Jonathan Hankins in tow does this mean the Raiders would pass on Quinnen Williams if he’s available at 4?

Absolutely not. QW is the pick. You don’t overthink the draft “oh we’re set at DT, let’s draft a DE here and a DT like Lawrence at 24 for better value”.

No. QW will be a absolute superstar. Hes my 1b to Bosa. 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

So with PJ Hall, Maurice Hurst and Jonathan Hankins in tow does this mean the Raiders would pass on Quinnen Williams if he’s available at 4?

No, not imo.

Hankins and Ellis are NT/run stuffer types while Hall and Hurst are penetrating/gap control types. WIlliams looks to be an all around DT that can even play some end. Some believe he can be a difference maker in the middle. If they stay put at 4 and Bosa is gone I think you have to do alot of homework to realistically pass up Williams.

24 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Nah he can play anywhere on the DL. Plus we were decimated by injuries last year. We aren't in a position to reach on anything.

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Absolutely not. QW is the pick. You don’t overthink the draft “oh we’re set at DT, let’s draft a DE here and a DT like Lawrence at 24 for better value”.

No. QW will be a absolute superstar. Hes my 1b to Bosa. 

OK settle down. It was just a question.

Archived