Chargers sign QB Tyrod Taylor

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I think these QB's just aren't interested in working with Chad O'Shea. And why would they anyways, O'Shea is a nobody-coach who I don't think improved the Patriots offense at all.

Just you wait til O'Shea unleashes the Run N Shoot Ground N Pound with Luke Falk next season. Fins Up! 

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

No one wants to be QB in Miami.

The Dolphins are about to forced to trade up on draft day if they don't want Tannehill to start one more year.

Still plenty of backups available on the market. I don’t think Miami is looking for a starter in FA and I’d imagine most FA QBs know it’ll be a one-and-done in Miami. 

Gimme Glennon, Sanchez or Siemian and let’s start this “tanking” season right.

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

Just you wait til O'Shea unleashes the Run N Shoot Ground N Pound with Luke Falk next season. Fins Up! 

He seems really well liked by receivers and coaches he's worked with. The only reason I say what I said is because he has no experience with quarterbacks or coordinating an offense/calling plays. I'm sure he isn't the only reason no free agent QB's have signed. It seems there is a conservative approach to free agency mixed with a comfortability and familiarity with what Ryan Tannehill can provide. It's not like Teddy Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor are world beaters, and Nick Foles always wanted to remain with what he thinks helped him which is John DeFilippo in Jacksonville. I think the Dolphins are better off with their approach so far.

Rivers is in the last year of his deal. I have heard nothing about an extension at this time. Two year deal for Tyrod could be come in learn the system and have the potential to start in 2020 if Rivers retires following this season. If Rivers decides to not retire then Tyrod won’t see the field. Robo Rivers will be out there on a peg leg if need be. Guy just will not ever quit. It’s vexing when he is out there tackling linebackers on a turnover in preseason ball. Tyrod is familiar with Lynn and Lynn wants a mobile QB... this likely spells the end of Cardale Jones who looked like wet garbage everytime I saw him. 

3 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

No one wants to be QB in Miami.

The Dolphins are about to forced to trade up on draft day if they don't want Tannehill to start one more year.

Sean Mannion... opening day Dolphins starter 

3 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Rivers is in the last year of his deal. I have heard nothing about an extension at this time. Two year deal for Tyrod could be come in learn the system and have the potential to start in 2020 if Rivers retires following this season. If Rivers decides to not retire then Tyrod won’t see the field. Robo Rivers will be out there on a peg leg if need be. Guy just will not ever quit. It’s vexing when he is out there tackling linebackers on a turnover in preseason ball. Tyrod is familiar with Lynn and Lynn wants a mobile QB... this likely spells the end of Cardale Jones who looked like wet garbage everytime I saw him. 

He'll get his extension in preseason. Just like the last 2 times.

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

this does not make sense lmao

We need a backup QB and this was the best one available. Makes perfect sense given the Lynn connection. He'll at least give us a chance in the game if Rivers ever somehow misses a game or two. Unlike Geno Smith or Cardale Jones.

Lynn loves mobile QBs so this is was totally predictable. FFS, we carried Cardale Jones around for ages in our squad... Think we stashed him in the PS and all...

TT is what they want from a backup.

I already gave up on that logic, a long time ago.

This makes sense to me: Chargers need a backup QB & he's a backup QB. 

It won't be expensive, plus they can lean on him for something a bit different. Jones, like Mannion, was there in nothing but name. We probably would have opted Hekker as QB before him, so can see why they went for him. 

32 minutes ago, Xenos said:

He'll get his extension in preseason. Just like the last 2 times.

And, if not, this could be some next-level 3D chess by Telesco (who am I kidding?).  Rivers retires, Lynn's contract runs out (though I am pretty sure last season's performance should have earned him an extension) or some GM who has spent the last half of the season eating lead paint chips manages to convince himself Ken Whisenhunt deserves a 3rd crack at a HC gig, the Chargers hire Hue for a season.  And we all have seen where the Hue and Tyrod combination can lead you!

End Result: That Muppet-Looking South Carolina Hippie (who's probably not a hippie) who was born the year I graduated from high school Trevor Lawrence!

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

Lynn loves mobile QBs so this is was totally predictable. FFS, we carried Cardale Jones around for ages in our squad... Think we stashed him in the PS and all...

TT is what they want from a backup.

I already gave up on that logic, a long time ago.

Pretty much this.

Archived