Dolphins release OG Josh Sitton

TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Has he punched his ticket to canton?

Packers HoF only.

Sitton was very, very good for a long while, but not THE dominant OG of his era, and didn't change way game is played. Had his three 2nd team All-Pro titles been 1st team honors instead, then we'd have a discussion. 

9 hours ago, Pugger said:

Poor Josh.  He never played as well for anyone else after GB let him go.  He's been thru the ringer with multiple injuries.  If he were smart he'd call it a career before he is a cripple.

Hey Pugger. I just like sounding out your username in my head. But anyways, not just Josh Sitton but TJ Lang too should retire with injuries.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Hey Pugger. I just like sounding out your username in my head. But anyways, not just Josh Sitton but TJ Lang too should retire with injuries.

Yes, TJ should hang it up too.  Boy, when we had these guys along with our line in 2012 it was one of the best.  Let's hope we can rebuild it again around Bak.

Sitton made the Humor HOF
Sitton played RG for many years in GB and was then swapped to LG during one offseason

When the writer asked him how hard it was to switch sides, Sitton said: 

"Its like trying to wipe your arse with your opposite hand" 

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

Poor Josh.  He never played as well for anyone else after GB let him go.  He's been thru the ringer with multiple injuries.  If he were smart he'd call it a career before he is a cripple.

He was fantastic in Chicago, I don't know what you are talking about.  Other than missing a few games a season due to injury, he was great.  FWIW, he was ranked among the top interior OL both years he played in chicago, if I recall correctly.

31 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He was fantastic in Chicago, I don't know what you are talking about.  Other than missing a few games a season due to injury, he was great.  FWIW, he was ranked among the top interior OL both years he played in chicago, if I recall correctly.

Yeah and he looked great in pre-season plus that one game in Miami. Finally looked like we had an above average o-line and he was a big reason for that.

Archived