POTD 8/28: Your Job

MrDrew

How much do you like your job?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like your job?

• Love everything about it. Hope I can retire here.
    • Love the work I do, hate where I'm doing it.
    • meh
    • It works for now, but I'm out the second I find something better.
    • I hate everything about it.
    • Still a student and not working, so the real world hates me
    • Job? The rest of you weren't smart enough to find a significant other with money?

I had to vote for the first option. I really like my job, most of the time. The money is very nice, I work mostly graveyard shift (which I prefer and it works out for my family), I have great benefits for myself and my family, I get time off when I really need it, and I definitely want to retire in this same position with this company (though that's at least 15 years out still)... That said, there are things I don't love about it. I don't love my work location. I do work with the best group of Operators in the company, and I do love my bosses here, but I wish I could take all of them to a different location. My plan is actually to transfer in the next 3-5 years out to the beach area (Ventura - those in or familiar with Cali know about that), and move the family out that way. Also the stress can sometimes get to people - myself included - so I don't necessarily love everything about it, but that was the closest choice. 

If my manager would hurry up and retire I'd take his job and work here happily for a couple decades at least. If he doesn't retire I'm gonna have to move on.

Love my beautiful 1 hour commute, love the work and schedule, like pretty much all my coworkers but that always seems to be the case. I just need to get paid more (like my managers wage) and I'd be wet.

20 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Love my beautiful 1 hour commute

There is nothing beautiful about a 1 hour commute unless you live in LA or something.

Mine is an hour and a half and it's terrible.  My main office is 15 min and on the rare occasions i get to go there it's heaven.

Really like my job. The pay is very good. My bosses give me the freedom to do my job. The company takes care of their employees for the most part I have a 10-15 minute drive everyday. The only thing that would cause me to move elsewhere would be not getting promotions in the future.

16 minutes ago, theJ said:

There is nothing beautiful about a 1 hour commute unless you live in LA or something.

Mine is an hour and a half and it's terrible.  My main office is 15 min and on the rare occasions i get to go there it's heaven.

Huh? A 1 hour commute in LA is like a mile and a half. What's beautiful about that?

My hour commute is 54 miles. That's making good time, not sitting in stop and go traffic. About one hour up the Columbia River Gorge. A huge river canyon. Beautiful scenic drive.

11245563.jpg

4734233667_7b5395f4b4_b.jpg

cape_horn___washington_gorge_by_spazmata

columbiarivergorge-56a3fbd13df78cf772803

Mmaybe not your cup of tea. But it's great for me. I love it. Put on a podcast or music and just fly home cause everyone else is on the freeway. It's very relaxing and almost meditative.

@Bednarik60 knows the glory that is State Route 14.

- extremely easy work

- pay is good

- great benefits

- flexible hours and I work from home whenever I want.

- I work with good people, and my boss is amazing

- will be getting a promotion in a few months

...but SO BORING. I have zero passion for the job or industry.

Overall B+

Archived