What’s HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

Unless the Bills go like 2-14 and everything goes completely off the hinges there’s zero shot McDermott goes anywhere. He brought a Bills team to the playoffs lmao. That buys him some time. Also knowing Josh is going to take a couple of years if he’s going to reach top potential buys him time as well. The entire Bills organization just screams process driven, and I don’t think they go off the rails barring some unforeseen circumstance. 

Sean is a fantastic leader, and always has the team playing hard for him. He’s worked wonders with the secondary, and obviously he and Beane at least aknowledge what is wrong with the team. I can’t tell you how many regimes we have gone through that have ignored obvious and glaring holes.

I will say I wish he’d have more balls when it comes to risk taking and going for it on 4th down. But I’m hoping that comes with time and belief in the offense seeing as he hasn’t had much to work with. 

On 3/30/2019 at 3:31 PM, nugpimpen said:

While kitchens is an unknown as a HC, hes not on the hot seat. 

The thread is asking about HC under the most pressure. People list a lot of entrenched coaches, but at the end of the year we  usually see more of the inexperienced coaches let go then the veterans. 

I know pretty much nothing about Kitchens ability as a coach. BUT, there is a lot of hype around the Browns. If they only get 6-7 wins and finish 3rd in the division again, I could totally see them making a move to get a more proven name. There is more pressure on him than a guy like Kliff Kingsbury whose team is expected to be bad. And there is more pressure on him than guys like Tomlin and Harbaugh who have a track record of winning seasons. No track record + Fairly high expectations = Pressure.

14 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

If we're talking who's on the hot seat in MN, I think Spielman's seat is a little warmer at the moment.

I can certainly agree with that, considering how long he's been here.  But, either way, I think the organization has, by far, been the most stable it has been in my lifetime...well, at least since Bud retired the first time.  

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Patricia didn't inspire much confidence at all in his first season, I think he'll be gone if not for significant improvement.

Well, I'm not sure that's going to be possible considering the strength of the rest of the division at this point.  If the Bears fall back and LaFleur just completely botches it, there's certainly a chance, but right now, they aren't in the best of positions to make a significant improvement.  

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I can certainly agree with that, considering how long he's been here.  But, either way, I think the organization has, by far, been the most stable it has been in my lifetime...well, at least since Bud retired the first time.  

I think the Vikes have more of a roster issue than a coaching issue at the moment and that has mostly everything to do with the resources devoted to the QB position. 

Spielman had survived Ponder, Bridgewater, Bradford. The Vikes really need a strong playoff run with Cousins. Otherwise, I don't think Spielman survives. 

I like Spielman, I think he manages the draft well and he's a good talent evaluator, works well with Zimmer. but at some point if you can't get some stability at QB, I don't know how you have a job as a GM.

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, I'm not sure that's going to be possible considering the strength of the rest of the division at this point.  If the Bears fall back and LaFleur just completely botches it, there's certainly a chance, but right now, they aren't in the best of positions to make a significant improvement.  

I'd tend to agree with you. I think he'll be gone after this year. The off the field stuff that came out and his rather lackluster personality with the media may also sour the Lions' commitment with him.

I think he's on thin ice.

In general though I think Kitchens is under the most pressure. The Browns for the first time in seem like forever have real high expectations. Kitchens was hired to be the HC because of his work with Mayfield. It has the same feel of when Koetter was hired to be HC for the Bucs because of his work with Winston. We saw that didnt go so well. So will Kitchens end up being another Koetter or another McVay? We shall see but this season all eyes will be on the Kitchens, Mayfield, and the Browns. Ive been on the record to say if the Browns fail it will be either because of Kitchens, Mayfield, or a combination of both.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 4:27 AM, 3rivers said:

there are a few , but what if tomlin doesn't make the playoffs again? What do you think of that? 

When was the last time the Steelers actually fired a HC?

2 hours ago, Danger said:

When was the last time the Steelers actually fired a HC?

they don't, it's the most secure HC job i the NFL isn't it - thats nice.  He would have to miss playoffs 3 years in a row before he suddenly "retires". 

On 3/30/2019 at 1:10 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

While true, that circle is still more successful than most other teams.

Tomlin wont be fired, but he MAY not have his contract renewed beyond 2020.

Most of the Steelers moves this offseason have been 2-3 year deals, including Ben's extension. I think the Steelers see this as their window to win. I expect them to go all out in these next 2-3 seasons and then do a slight rebuilding. I think Tomlin essentially has that same period to show he should stick around for that rebuild otherwise I could see the Steelers letting his contract run out and moving on. I don't think they fire him unless we have a disastrous season somewhere in that window.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:23 AM, stl4life07 said:

In general though I think Kitchens is under the most pressure. The Browns for the first time in seem like forever have real high expectations. Kitchens was hired to be the HC because of his work with Mayfield. It has the same feel of when Koetter was hired to be HC for the Bucs because of his work with Winston. We saw that didnt go so well. So will Kitchens end up being another Koetter or another McVay? We shall see but this season all eyes will be on the Kitchens, Mayfield, and the Browns. Ive been on the record to say if the Browns fail it will be either because of Kitchens, Mayfield, or a combination of both.

Koetter failed because Winston is a moron and duped that franchise. 

There is nothing wrong in getting the best HC for your QB, just as long as that QB isn’t a complete moron. 

Archived