A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This is all season.

Not to this degree IMO. As they say in hockey games, 'it's starting to get a big chippy out there!'

And b4 anyone goes and tries to make me out as a Rodgers apologist I was on the record wanting to trade him to Cleveland PRIOR to last year's draft. I thought we could have robbed Cleveland blind. Like 1, 1, 2, last year a 1 this year and Myles Garrett type of robbery. We might have had to throw in a few other players on our roster.

Could have been made over the team in two years with last year and this year. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not to this degree IMO. As they say in hockey games, 'it's starting to get a big chippy out there!'

And b4 anyone goes and tries to make me out as a Rodgers apologist I was on the record wanting to trade him to Cleveland PRIOR to last year's draft. I thought we could have robbed Cleveland blind. Like 1, 1, 2, last year a 1 this year and Myles Garrett type of robbery. We might have had to throw in a few other players on our roster.

Aaron Rodgers apologist

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Do the people wanting to part ways with Rodgers realize "Aaron Rodgers is kind of an *******" is precisely why he is so good at football?

Like find me an "elite QB" who is a normal, decent, well adjusted person.  I dare you.

I agree with you fwiw. And that's fine. I'm just saying he is one lol. I don't even know if it truly hinders us. I guess I'm just bothered that some people don't see what I see? Maybe I'm just an ******* too lol

49 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The problem with that, and I'm sure you know this, is that less understanding or cerebral fans than the kind who post on this message board would never forgive the front office if Green Bay didn't turn that into a contender in 2 seasons or less. It would be the end of everyone's job. Absolutely everyone. 

It's funny that the less time-invested fans would probably be the most upset about it.

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Do the people wanting to part ways with Rodgers realize "Aaron Rodgers is kind of an *******" is precisely why he is so good at football?

Like find me an "elite QB" who is a normal, decent, well adjusted person.  I dare you.

Tom Brady if he didn't kiss his son.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:
29 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Tom Brady if he didn't kiss his son.

Peyton Manning if he didn't do the ball dangling thing?

Maybe Philip Rivers if he's elite?

5 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Philip Rivers only has nookie for procreative purposes 

Phillip Rivers doesn't use birth control because it's against his religion.

I believe that family takes the old fashioned, "well if a kid comes out of it, we'll deal with it when it happens" approach to family planning.

7 hours ago, Norm said:

I guess I'm just bothered that some people don't see what I see? Maybe I'm just an ******* too lol

Question posed....
Question answered.
These are the type comments I like.
No loose ends :)

With the decent/normal/well adjusted QB question posed ... not a real lot of QB names being thrown out there to work with.  Totally agree with the thought process that Rodgers doesn't have to be the all catering, angel type person.  I'll take him the way he is and by the way, trading Rodgers is still one of the dumbest ideas ever and I'm not a Rodger apologist.    

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

With the decent/normal/well adjusted QB question posed ... not a real lot of QB names being thrown out there to work with.  Totally agree with the thought process that Rodgers doesn't have to be the all catering, angel type person.  I'll take him the way he is and by the way, trading Rodgers is still one of the dumbest ideas ever and I'm not a Rodger apologist.    

I'm nowhere near wanting to trade AR. Hasnt made my radar screen yet and doubtful it will. But - he's got to clean up his game. Be it self or coach induced, I couldnt care less - but the offense needs to be more effective. More "move the chains" basic and productive.

22 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Brees, Brady, Manning all won Superbowls at times with sub par play. It's a whole team effort. Something LaFleur will return to.

Read this to remind yourself. The first one alone brings AR's rating up. It was a horrible non call that resulted in an interception. To be up 16-0 at Seattle's home was monumental. 

Edit: first interception was a bad non call, second was a miscommunication (on Jordy or AR??). Some bad goal line calls by MM. A drop by Quarless that cost the game.

Burnett's mind boggling slide for the loss. That was just something I have never once seen in the history of the game. What was Peppers thinking?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.packersnews.com/amp/22173121

Your post here reiterates that that Seattle loss was a team effort.   The defense in the last several minutes of the game imploded.  AR was also not 100% healthy either.   

Archived