A Philosophical Examination of the Sport Mind (Buncha Jerks Cost Us Rings)

incognito_man

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hahahaha.

Haha's comments confirm that Finley and Jennings are way overblowing this things. Those two fall squarely in the Arod passive-aggressive category, as do Dunne and McGinn. Making a mountain of a mole hill really. .........This will go away.  that's good perspective from HaHa.

The real trouble is really with Murphy, Ball, and possibly Gute. Not to mention everyone who bailed and gave anonymous commentary. They all did nothing for years while this festered and Ted slept. Time will tell if enough bleeding and purging has been done.

https://twitter.com/12upSport/status/1114928712544391169

Edited by JaireAlex
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm nowhere near wanting to trade AR. Hasnt made my radar screen yet and doubtful it will. But - he's got to clean up his game. Be it self or coach induced, I couldnt car e less - but the offense needs to be more effective. More "move the chains" basic and productive.

Here's hoping a new offensive scheme works its magic over the previous system that was good 15 years ago.  Picks, crossing routes, bunch formations were never seen in the past system.  Combine that with maybe a little more (not a lot though) running game and I'm hopeful that takes care of itself.

7 hours ago, Joe said:

Starr, Montana, Unitas, Fouts, Derek Carr(who gets a bad rap because of the mess around him), Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning(post-Tennessee)... 

Old time QB's don't count;  it's a whole new ballgame now days.  Let's try Qb's in the past 15 years.   

3 hours ago, JaireAlex said:

Blame to go around indeed.

But the real blame is squarely on Mac, TT, and Murphy. The last is still there. 

But the discontents who left are not better in my mind. Why didn't they do anything? Just backstabbing now.

Clearly, the good players that are gone support both MM and AR. So, it wasn't nearly as bad as they say. Mostly a HC, GM, CEO mess.

That and AR has put this team on his back many a time, even the first half of Last season before it got out of hand.

I do like LaFleur. Like his pedigree, love his demeanor, like how he seems to get on with coaches and players. Seems much less a drama queen and blowhard than Mac (and so many HCs for that matter).

We'll see.

So I've heard this mentioned a few times by you.

What the hell did McCarthy do to get labeled a drama queen or a blowhard? I get not liking the guy as a coach, but he was just about the most boring guy in the NFL with the possible exception of Thompson. 

How is McCarthy a drama queen?

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I figure most of the oldtimers were, in their heyday, just terrible people.  We didn't find out about it because things were easier to keep quiet pre-social media.

Man, you know how many times we'd have seen Brett's hog if camera phones were commonplace in the early-mid '90s? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Here's hoping a new offensive scheme works its magic over the previous system that was good 15 years ago.  Picks, crossing routes, bunch formations were never seen in the past system.  Combine that with maybe a little more (not a lot though) running game and I'm hopeful that takes care of itself.

2004? Serious comment or did you just pull a number out of the air?

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Because some people use their brains instead of latching onto things that confirm their bias. 

I could totally use this to go SEE I TOLD YOU RODGERS IS A BIG DUMB JERK FACE. But I just can't use it. I can't use whatever I want out of it when some of it just seems so stupid and the entire thing had one clear goal....**** on everyone so everyone can feel like they were right no matter who they blamed.

You've had way too many randos come out since and go LOL no. It's not all made up but it's a mountain out of a mole hill at best.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I could totally use this to go SEE I TOLD YOU RODGERS IS A BIG DUMB JERK FACE. But I just can't use it. I can't use whatever I want out of it when some of it just seems so stupid and the entire thing had one clear goal....**** on everyone so everyone can feel like they were right no matter who they blamed.

You've had way too many randos come out since and go LOL no. It's not all made up but it's a mountain out of a mole hill at best.

Just STOP! This is not a thread where you are to come in here and try to use common sense. This is ALL emotion about who individuals hate more Rodgers or McCarthy. You need to zip it right now. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 2