Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

2 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

'Pretty sure people do not want "great QB and average defense" <sic> but rather, a great QB and good defense.

Average defense that can elevate its level and play good at the business end of the season would be nice. Our defense hasn't been even 'average' for many years.

Edited by jontat83

1 hour ago, jontat83 said:

Average defense that can elevate its level and play good at the business end of the season would be nice. Our defense hasn't been even 'average' for many years.

That is not true at all.  They defense has been decent 3 out of the last 6 years.  They were slightly below average one of 6 and pretty poor 2 of 6.

Overall defensive ranking by year

2017 - 26

2016 - 21

2015 - 12

2014 - 14

2013 - 25

2012 - 11

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The difference is I'm not getting paid 100 million dollars.  If I was getting paid 100 million dollars, my whining days would be over.  If I was getting paid 100 million dollars, the Packers could draft two guards and two receivers in the first round and I wouldn't make a peep. 

Okay, that there is funny!

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

That is not true at all.  They defense has been decent 3 out of the last 6 years.  They were slightly below average one of 6 and pretty poor 2 of 6.

Overall defensive ranking by year

2017 - 26

2016 - 21

2015 - 12

2014 - 14

2013 - 25

2012 - 11

Averaging 36 points given up in playoff exits says otherwise

Edited by jontat83

8 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not a damn thing.  Aaron has spoken out against two GMs now.  Bitched and moaned about Thompson when he said the team needs to be all in each year, bitched and moaned about Gute cutting Nelson.  Don't act like this is normal.  It's not.  Other franchise quarterbacks don't say a damn thing about management.  How many times did you hear Eli Manning complain?  Tom Brady?  Tom Brady is the biggest whiner there is, and yet how many times has he ever openly complained about how Belichick runs his team? 

You can support a teammate and friend by telling them how much they meant to you without dragging your GM through the mud.  Kinda exactly how Rodgers did with his post before this one, which openly complained. 

Rodgers is a whiner.  He whines about everything.  He whined about an extremely clean hit by Barr, he whined about Thompson, he's just a whiner.  I can't stand it. 

He wants to win, I'm glad he subtly called TT out, so did that whiner coach Mac we have. Nothing he's said about Jordy has been calling out Gute. He's not an idiot, he's obviously going to miss Jordy and for that reason didn't like the move, but from a football perspective I'm sure he understands. He did call out Mac for the QB coach situation, but again I don't blame him. If I'm Clay Matthews and Mac was considering firing Moss I'd want to be asked for my opinion. How a position coach relates to the other coaches is a fraction of as important as his position group.

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The difference is I'm not getting paid 100 million dollars.  If I was getting paid 100 million dollars, my whining days would be over.  If I was getting paid 100 million dollars, the Packers could draft two guards and two receivers in the first round and I wouldn't make a peep. 

It doesn’t matter how much money he makes. And he wasn’t whining. You on the other hand are the daily equivalent of a chick on her period. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He wants to win, I'm glad he subtly called TT out, so did that whiner coach Mac we have. Nothing he's said about Jordy has been calling out Gute. He's not an idiot, he's obviously going to miss Jordy and for that reason didn't like the move, but from a football perspective I'm sure he understands. He did call out Mac for the QB coach situation, but again I don't blame him. If I'm Clay Matthews and Mac was considering firing Moss I'd want to be asked for my opinion. How a position coach relates to the other coaches is a fraction of as important as his position group.

Like I've already admitted to, if it was just this one instance, I would concede defeat.  I didn't see the context of his comments.  However, Rodgers really does complain a lot.  This is at least the sixth time he's passive aggressively crapped on his coach or his GM.  I have no problem with him doing this type of stuff behind closed doors, and you're right, he absolutely should be a dissenting voice in things he sees as poor personnell decisions.  I have a problem with him openly stating it and openly complaining. 

Everybody on this site was so quick to throw Randall under the bus after he was traded because of what he did.  Rodgers does it and it's okay?  That's what you call a double standard.  Randall did it once and then not another peep out of him the rest of the season.  This is at least the sixth time Rodgers has publicly complained. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Like I've already admitted to, if it was just this one instance, I would concede defeat.  I didn't see the context of his comments.  However, Rodgers really does complain a lot.  This is at least the sixth time he's passive aggressively crapped on his coach or his GM.  I have no problem with him doing this type of stuff behind closed doors, and you're right, he absolutely should be a dissenting voice in things he sees as poor personnell decisions.  I have a problem with him openly stating it and openly complaining. 

Everybody on this site was so quick to throw Randall under the bus after he was traded because of what he did.  Rodgers does it and it's okay?  That's what you call a double standard.  Randall did it once and then not another peep out of him the rest of the season.  This is at least the sixth time Rodgers has publicly complained. 

When has Rodgers walked off the field during a game? What Randall did was Dez Bryant or TO esque, not Rodgers.

33 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

It doesn’t matter how much money he makes. And he wasn’t whining. You on the other hand are the daily equivalent of a chick on her period. 

You can argue a point with actual logic, throwing in that last sentence makes you look bad and is against forum rules. Knock it off.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

When has Rodgers walked off the field during a game? What Randall did was Dez Bryant or TO esque, not Rodgers.

Yeah, and it was a one time thing with Randall.  Rodgers looked right at McCarthy and said, "That was a stupid ****ing call."  Randall is a corner.  Rodgers is a QB.  Speaking purely of off-field stuff, Randall said something once.  Rodgers has done it multiple times.  I just think Rodgers complains too much. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, and it was a one time thing with Randall.  Rodgers looked right at McCarthy and said, "That was a stupid ****ing call."  Randall is a corner.  Rodgers is a QB.  Speaking purely of off-field stuff, Randall said something once.  Rodgers has done it multiple times.  I just think Rodgers complains too much. 

Tom Brady has done the same thing, LeBrons gotten coaches fired, you're making a big deal out of nothing.

Comparing it to Randall is laughably bad. What Randall did showed a quitters attitude and a total lack of maturity. Rodgers telling Mac a call of his sucks comes out of an exteme level of competitive drive and a will to win. Literal opposites.

3 hours ago, jontat83 said:

Averaging 36 points given up in playoff exits says otherwise

Our defense allowed 14 points and scored 7 points in the NFC Championship game the year we won the Super Bowl.  Rodgers nearly lost that game with his poor play.

Defense allowed 23 points in 2012. 

Defense allowed 22 points in regulation and had 4 interceptions against the Seahawks (7 of the points technically came on special teams, too).

Defense allowed 20 points in regulation in 2015. 

Defense has certainly had some stinkers, but Rodgers has, too. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Tom Brady has done the same thing, LeBrons gotten coaches fired, you're making a big deal out of nothing

And both get roundly criticized by many fan bases besides their own.  Why can't someone from the GB fan ase criticize Rodgers on this?

• Like 1