Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

On 1/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The reason it is ok for Cobb is that moving on from Cobb may not cost you any games, especially with how few he played last year due to injury.  Moving on from Rodgers, despite his current issues, may cost you many games.

Yes, it is easier to find a WR to replace Cobb but not so much a QB.  There aren't enough franchise QBs to start in 32 teams as it is.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But it doesn't really show that. At least within the first two rounds we're easily within the acceptable parameters for drafting receivers. 2 picks in the top 2 rounds is the standard unless you're prescribing to the idea that a pick at 64 is significantly different than a pick at 48, which is an argument I don't see anyone making.

If your focus point is the Packers are within your parameter of drafting a wr every 4 yrs in the 1st 2 rounds, you are technically correct.  But, that wasn't my point which was Packers haven't drafted squat at the wr position in rounds 1-4 the past 10 years.  They drafted 2 wr's each at the bottom of the 2nd round  with no 1st rounders whereas 85% of the NFL teams drafted at least 1 - 1st rounder at the wr position.  Just curious when did pick 48 become less valuable than drafting at pick 64 just because nobody is arguing it?  Bet there are 32 GM's that don't prescribe to that thought process.  However, even subscribing to the theory of selecting a wr every 4 years in the 1/2 rounds, there still should be wr's chosen in round 3/4 for depth and competition.  That just aint happening as Packers have used just 1 - 4th round choice out of approx. 20  3rd and 4th rounders.  Can't make silk out of a pig's ear. 

42 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

If your focus point is the Packers are within your parameter of drafting a wr every 4 yrs in the 1st 2 rounds, you are technically correct.  But, that wasn't my point which was Packers haven't drafted squat at the wr position in rounds 1-4 the past 10 years.  They drafted 2 wr's each at the bottom of the 2nd round  with no 1st rounders whereas 85% of the NFL teams drafted at least 1 - 1st rounder at the wr position.  Just curious when did pick 48 become less valuable than drafting at pick 64 just because nobody is arguing it?  Bet there are 32 GM's that don't prescribe to that thought process.  However, even subscribing to the theory of selecting a wr every 4 years in the 1/2 rounds, there still should be wr's chosen in round 3/4 for depth and competition.  That just aint happening as Packers have used just 1 - 4th round choice out of approx. 20  3rd and 4th rounders.  Can't make silk out of a pig's ear. 

So go get the data that shows rounds 1-4, based on the data we have over a 10 year sample, our draft capital is in line. 

Diontea Johnson 2019 3
Terry McLaurin 2019 3
Hunter Renfrow 2019 5
Darius Slayton 2019 5
Michael Gallup 2018 3
Tre-Quan Smith 2018 3
Auden Tate 2018 7
Cooper Kupp 2017 3
Chris Goodwin 2017 3
Kenny Golladay 2017 3
Dede Westbrook 2017 4
Demarcus Robinson 2016 4
Tyreek Hill 2016 5
Tyler Lockett 2015 3
Chris Conley 2015 3
Jamison Crowder 2015 4
Stefon Diggs 2015 5

Here is a list of WRs taken after the 2nd round that were good picks. I didn't have a criteria but only included WR that seemed to have a significant impact. You can see its really difficult to hit on a late (7th) round WR.

Edited by Kenrik

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So go get the data that shows rounds 1-4, based on the data we have over a 10 year sample, our draft capital is in line. 

Not going to do your work my friend I've done mine.   As usual we agree to disagree.  They have neglected the wide receiver position especially in the 1st, 3rd and 4th round.

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:
Diontea Johnson 2019 3
Terry McLaurin 2019 3
Hunter Renfrow 2019 5
Darius Slayton 2019 5
Michael Gallup 2018 3
Tre-Quan Smith 2018 3
Auden Tate 2018 7
Cooper Kupp 2017 3
Chris Goodwin 2017 3
Kenny Golladay 2017 3
Dede Westbrook 2017 4
Demarcus Robinson 2016 4
Tyreek Hill 2016 5
Tyler Lockett 2015 3
Chris Conley 2015 3
Jamison Crowder 2015 4
Stefon Diggs 2015 5

Some pretty good receivers in that 3rd and 4th round I'd say.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Not going to do your work my friend I've done mine.   As usual we agree to disagree.  They have neglected the wide receiver position especially in the 1st, 3rd and 4th round.

So you're going to make a claim and provide no evidence. At least you're consistent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So you're going to make a claim and provide no evidence. At least you're consistent.

i made case  ... prove me wrong.  And I do agree we are consistently  disagreeing..

Edited by coachbuns

16 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

No dog in this fight, but...

The real shame concerning WR's is that Cobb and Jordy got old at the same time.