What is your worst Browns take since the return.

Kiwibrown

So back in 2006 maybe I thought we got the ultimate leadership steal when we hired Phil Savage, I called him architect of the Ravens organisation. When we signed him, we were guaranteeing oursleves a future filled with excellent players. Phil was the turn around. And it was true for 1 season. 

Go. 

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Tie between drafting Brady Quinn, Weeden and Manziel.

Brady Quinn for me. I thought we nailed that draft by getting our franchise LT and franchise QB. Ultimately, Quinn sucked but Thomas went down as one of the best ever.

I disliked the Weeden pick from the start. I thought he was a third-round prospect, yet we drafted him in the first.

Manziel I was so-so on. I thought he had potential but I also knew he had high bust potential. Derek Carr was my #1 QB that year.

Quinn could definitely be one. I wanted to move Anderson (right) but it was because I thought Quinn would be the instant starter (wrong).

I also saw no reason why Charlie Frye couldn't develop into an okay QB. But I was 16 then, so I think I have an okay excuse.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Truthfully I’ve disliked most of our bust picks at the time and pounded the table for other guys. I was very wrong in TRich though. What did I see. 

I wanted LT in 2001, I was so pumped for him. Instead we got Warren.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Truthfully I’ve disliked most of our bust picks at the time and pounded the table for other guys. I was very wrong in TRich though. What did I see. 

I think a lot of people were wrong about Richardson. Some didn't view him as being worth a top five pick, but I'm not sure anyone thought he'd be downright as bad as he was.

That year I wanted Richardson, Tannehill or to trade back.

Owen Marecic, Yeah Owen Marecic. Thought for sure he’d be a stud FB/RB/utility cat that could fill in at LB at a high level. Thought he’d be a bad ***, but found out he was a lily ***. *read in the edit column down yonder* SMDH

Anywho, I would have said Brady Quinn, but he was more of a lesson in not believing stats and believing what my eyes and brain are telling me. Thanks Brady not only are you a man’s manwhich, but probably even more a woman’s scintillating eye nuke. And you ever so snapped me back on the multi-step road to recovery of actually watching who has potential to be a bonafide QB!

Archived