Vikings extend WR Adam Thielen (4 years, $64M)

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, El ramster said:

he chokes in clutch time. damm right it was his fault.

Okay. Jared Goff choked in the Superbowl this past year. Is he no good then?

Peyton Manning, though far superior to Cousins and Goff, was considered a choker for a long time too.

Edit: I don't want to get this thread any further derailed. I'm glad Thielen got his money and I hope he retires as a Viking.

Quite honestly, he still might be underpaid. He’s a stud and one of the most under appreciated players today. There is still a good percentage of football fans who think that Diggs is better. It’s bonkers. There is also a large percentage that wouldn’t have I’m as a top 10 WR...which is also bonkers. 

On 4/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

They’re building their team through the WR position? Lol 

overpay. Slot guys are dime a dozen.

Thielen is a slot guy as much as Keenan Allen is just a slot guy.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Okay. Jared Goff choked in the Superbowl this past year. Is he no good then?

Peyton Manning, though far superior to Cousins and Goff, was considered a choker for a long time too.

Edit: I don't want to get this thread any further derailed. I'm glad Thielen got his money and I hope he retires as a Viking.

Jared Goff is in year 3 and makes 200% less money than Cousins whose a god damm seasoned veteran and makes more mistakes and TO's than Goff. 

11 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Jared Goff is in year 3 and makes 200% less money than Cousins whose a god damm seasoned veteran and makes more mistakes and TO's than Goff. 

As a Viking he and Goff had virtually the same season. Goff has more talent on the offensive line and in the backfield. We'll see how Cousins does this season with hopefully and improved offensive line and an offensive coordinator that gives Cook the football.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Goff had 2 more picks in 45 less attempts last year and Goff led the league in fumbles so... okay.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:45 AM, showtime said:

Honestly, I love watching Thielen and Diggs play.  Two exceptional receivers.  If they had a good QB, they would be a great team. 

It's funny because I could have sworn it was Kirk Cousins throwing most of those passes to Theilen in that highlight video.  There were a lot of excellent throws in that video as well as great catches.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, showtime said:

I'm not sure how to say it.  He's like a average-ish QB.  I think Alex Smith is better than him, and Smith seems like a good/average QB.

They're the same caliber player just vastly different playstyles.

Archived