• Johnathan Abram, S
    • Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S
    • Gerald Willis, DT
    • Dawson Knox, TE
    • Isaiah Johnson, CB
    • Zach Allen, DE
    • Joejuan Williams, CB

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Oh Jesus Christ, if we has a DT like Cox, how good would our defense be, including our secondary?

Our defense would improve a lot by adding the best DT in football. As it would adding the best safety in football. None of this information is remotely useful for determining what to do with pick #58.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Our defense would improve a lot by adding the best DT in football. As it would adding the best safety in football. None of this information is remotely useful for determining what to do with pick #58.

QFT. 

Went back to look at more tape of Chauncey Gardner and I absolutely love his game speed. One thing I look for in DB's 40 time is how it shows up on the field in tape & let's say with Taylor Rapp , I saw his range was sometimes limited because of something he couldn't control despite his instincts & great angles. The 40 time issues did show up here and there, and in the NFL level it sure will show up more frequently.

Chauncey's tape is impressive because of his short area quickness and burst. Long speed isn't shabby either. Went back to look at his tape thinking he was a more realistic get than Thornhill, but ended up loving his tape more? hmm

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Sure, statistaclly speaking. DL is engaged and contributing on virtually every play.

S, not so much. More opportunity allows for more crtiticism. 

How many times is there a S blitz or you see a S in on a tackle for 3 yards?

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Sure, statistaclly speaking. DL is engaged and contributing on virtually every play.

S, not so much. More opportunity allows for more crtiticism. 

How many times is there a S blitz or you see a S in on a tackle for 3 yards?

a starting dl player plays about 1/2 the snaps of a starting safety. 

the nfl throws more than it runs

just food for thought

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

a starting dl player plays about 1/2 the snaps of a starting safety. 

the nfl throws more than it runs

just food for thought

And how many times do you see or hear Cox's name compared to Jenkins?

Look, this team lives buying the hype on DB's. And it has not produced results. They are going to do it again and again we will not be able to push the middle of the pocket and again that is where offenses will attack.

The last time we took a DT in the 1st round we ended up winning 3 SB. Surely it wasn't all because of that, but it did give is an anchor, a force up the middle that allowed every position around it to play better.

I don't understand the thought process here. If we cannot pressure up the middle, how is a super S going to help this defense? He can't cover a guy forever.

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

And how many times do you see or hear Cox's name compared to Jenkins?

Look, this team lives buying the hype on DB's. And it has not produced results. They are going to do it again and again we will not be able to push the middle of the pocket and again that is where offenses will attack.

The last time we took a DT in the 1st round we ended up winning 3 SB. Surely it wasn't all because of that, but it did give is an anchor, a force up the middle that allowed every position around it to play better.

I don't understand the thought process here. If we cannot pressure up the middle, how is a super S going to help this defense? He can't cover a guy forever.

strawman argument. 

whose name did you hear more, Alan Branch or Earl Thomas?

and that was on one of the best defenses.... in HISTORY

My point, if you havent picked up on it, is that there are multiple ways to make a good defense. 

You live in Philly and you always reference just them. You are ignoring pretty much every league trend and statistical fact  just to push your agenda. So I am calling you out on it.

I would love a DT btw. Id also love a safety. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My point, if you havent picked up on it, is that there are multiple ways to make a good defense. 

You live in Philly and you always reference just them. You are ignoring pretty much every league trend and statistical fact  just to push your agenda. So I am calling you out on it.

I would love a DT btw. Id also love a safety. 

I'd love a Safety as well. I think most of the issue with everyone here is, why cant we spend a decent pick on a DT, even a 1T. It doesn't have to be a 1st or a 2nd but cant we get someone in the 4th?

Shouldnt always have to be a street free agent just because Rod doesnt value them. I'm sure he would have valued them in the loss to the Rams.

15 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I'd love a Safety as well. I think most of the issue with everyone here is, why cant we spend a decent pick on a DT, even a 1T. It doesn't have to be a 1st or a 2nd but cant we get someone in the 4th?

Shouldnt always have to be a street free agent just because Rod doesnt value them. I'm sure he would have valued them in the loss to the Rams.

That game against the Rams...it didn't help that we had Woods and Ross out and Collins struggling with an injury (IIRC). 

But I get your point. The club did spend a 3rd on Collins a few years ago, so I don't think they're opposed to spending top resources on the position...so long as they're a 3T at least. 

Archived