***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

On 8/9/2019 at 9:33 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Brack Panther was good, but the final fight scene did suck. I don't care so much about the bleh CGI, but more about the fact that it had no emotional connection to me. I was just not invested in their fight at any point.

You're telling me the 35th rendition of a hero fighting a guy in the same costume with a slightly different color scheme, like it's two friends who picked the same character in Smash, didn't grab you?

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Is Friday the most useless Avengers character?  She didn’t anticipate or stop Vulture from hijacking the plane in Homecoming.  No way is Tony letting all of their things be moved without her being involved.  She’d be ultimately running the show, not Happy.

She didn’t detect the Maw’s ship hovering directly above NYC in Infinity War.  Tony had to notice that the wind was blowing Strange’s hair first.  Bruce was so impressed by Tony’s new nano suit and to be fair, those pulse cannons were cool.  If only that suit could detect a gargantuan spaceship a few hundred feet above.

In Endgame, Thanos’ ship blows a huge hole in the roof of their HQ as it’s growing and exiting the portal and not a single alert.  Maybe you could argue that his ship has incredibly sophisticated stealth tech that it hid its presence above them but it still put a hole in the roof.  There wasn’t an EMP blast after Hulk used the IG.  All the lights were on in room.  Maybe they didn’t hear it even a decent security system would’ve picked up the damage.   Not a peep from Friday.  Nothing. If she had, maybe Tony could’ve thrown up a shield to protect them from the blast that destroyed their HQ and nearly killed them.  

Jarvis didn’t die for this, Friday.  

Not arguing with the overall point, but they had the "Close the barn door" protocol when Hulk snapped, and they opened the building back up right before Thanos showed up above 

On 8/7/2019 at 11:29 AM, theJ said:

I never noticed anything out of place with the Rhino charge (probably because i haven't seen many, or any, Rhino's really run).  

its pretty comical. love how BP just runs off at the end of the rhino part

Edited by Malfatron

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Not arguing with the overall point, but they had the "Close the barn door" protocol when Hulk snapped, and they opened the building back up right before Thanos showed up above 

Thanos didn’t exactly show up above; he crashed outward through the complex’s ceiling and left a huge hole in the roof.  Antman is staring at the birds outside bcuz it’s so nice and quiet since there’s no alarm of any sort.  Plus, I think the barn door protocol was to protect the area from any explosion that might occur from the IG.  The ship managed to make it through anyway which should’ve set off alerts. 

Maybe they intentionally powered down Iron Man’s tech.  

27 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Thanos didn’t exactly show up above; he crashed outward through the complex’s ceiling and left a huge hole in the roof.  Antman is staring at the birds outside bcuz it’s so nice and quiet since there’s no alarm of any sort.  Plus, I think the barn door protocol was to protect the area from any explosion that might occur from the IG.  The ship managed to make it through anyway which should’ve set off alerts. 

Maybe they intentionally powered down Iron Man’s tech.  

Tony literally just discovered time travel. You honestly think they had an alarm system for Thanos using their own time machine?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Tony literally just discovered time travel. You honestly think they had an alarm system for Thanos using their own time machine?

Do I believe there’s an alarm system for when Avengers HQ’s roof is blown up?  Yes.  It has nothing to do with the time machine.  

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, thrILL! said:

Do I believe there’s an alarm system for when Avengers HQ’s roof is blown up?  Yes.  It has nothing to do with the time machine.  

Could literally make up a dozen reason why, but the real reason why is it made for a better shot of Ant-Man happily looking at the birds before Avengers Compound gets blown to smithereens.  If you HAVE to have a reason, just imagine something like Thanos' ship re-enlarging let out a low level EMP that disrupted the alarm sensors or some other techno babble like that.  Seem like an inane thing to get hung up on in a movie with as many fantasy elements as Endgame.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Could literally make up a dozen reason why, but the real reason why is it made for a better shot of Ant-Man happily looking at the birds before Avengers Compound gets blown to smithereens.  If you HAVE to have a reason, just imagine something like Thanos' ship re-enlarging let out a low level EMP that disrupted the alarm sensors or some other techno babble like that.  Seem like an inane thing to get hung up on in a movie with as many fantasy elements as Endgame.

Or even simpler, Thanos's ship and missiles are not human technology or Chitauri tech and therefore they haven't built sensors for that tech yet.

I just watched the final fight scene in Black Panther on YouTube. Good Lord that was terrible. And that movie was nominated for Best Picture? Talk about low standards. And for the record, I enjoyed what I remember of Black Panther, but it wasn't even special for a superhero movie. And that fight scene was just embarrassing.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Or maybe the sensors are all on the complex perimeter, which Thanos was already inside.

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I mentioned a possible EMP from using the IG but all the lights were on in the room so it didn’t happen from either source.  I wouldn’t call it getting hung up on it either despite the conversation on it.  I just find the inconsistencies with Iron Man’s tech interesting the same way that Spider-Man’s spider-sense has all but completely disappeared from all his movies and appearances.

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Or even simpler, Thanos's ship and missiles are not human technology or Chitauri tech and therefore they haven't built sensors for that tech yet.

Again it’s not about the ship being cloaked; it’s about the ginormous hole in the HQ roof that the ship caused.  That alert should’ve gone off immediately.  

Edited by thrILL!

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I just watched the final fight scene in Black Panther on YouTube. Good Lord that was terrible. And that movie was nominated for Best Picture? Talk about low standards. And for the record, I enjoyed what I remember of Black Panther, but it wasn't even special for a superhero movie. And that fight scene was just embarrassing.

Overrated heap of trash. But yeah, let's nominate it as one of the best Marvel movies ever because it's politically/race driven...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

Overrated heap of trash. But yeah, let's nominate it as one of the best Marvel movies ever because it's politically/race driven...

Wow shutup Fox News. Bitter at everything.

Edited by bootsy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Black Panther’s debut in Civil War on the rooftop vs Winter Soldier alone was a billion times better than his own movie. 

• Like 2